Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Golden Flame?

Posted by LauraRobichaud 5b Mass. (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 6, 13 at 8:17

Look what I foiund at a small grocery store in northern VT. Hub tried to say I had too many plants. It jumped into the cart anyway.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Golden Flame?

Good buy! I like that it has a lot of yellow. My husband no longer comments but I have caught eye rolling.

o

That is one good find. Mine don't put out that much yellow untill a few years. I do have some with all yellow interior and regular markings on the outside leaves. Looked almost like yellow wax melted on the leaves.
Stush

o

There is a pup that seems to have only gold edges like laurentii. Not sure if it'll turn more gold as it matures.

Ok, I'm done buying Sans. I have a nice laurentii, a plain green one, a gold hahni, an Eve, a Banel's, a Moonshine and now a gold flame. A prayer: Lord, please keep my eyes oneth the path of the straight and narrow through the grocery store and Home Depot. Deliver me through the checkout without any greenery. Maketh me happy with the varieties I have and help me to groweth them to their full potential. Amen

o

Say all the prayers you want untill some one here post pictures of their collection then you see one that you just got to have. Just that one more then I will quit.
Some of my pups look normal untill the 3rd. or 4th. leaf develops. So hold on to them.

o

Stush,
You are so right! Ha! Just wait til you see another one you can't live without.

o

LOL you are so right!

o

Just wait... you all have to start looking at the OTHER species. Then you're in trouble.

Michael
Interlaken NY Z6

o

Gold Flame is one of my personal favorites, and yours is a beauty, Laura! Good buy.
Mike

o

Lucky! What store did you find it at?

My BF once said he'd love me no matter how many plants I adopted. We'll see...lol.

FF

o

I got it at White Market in Lyndonville, VT

o

Wow! I wouldn't have expected to find that there. Good work!

o

I was at a nursery near my house in Mass. yesterday. They just got in a ton of goldflames this past week about the size of the one I got. I'm thinking they are going to be around this spring so keep your eyes peeled!

o

I just got a Gold Flame for $2.
When I get new plants my husband asks "Are you happy?" and I say "yes" he says "good". You've got to love that!
I now have well over 30 different sans. and I'm not finished. ;-)

o

Lucky! I'm still on the prowl. Not as easy as it use to be now that I'm
working again. But on the up side my job is just across the street from
Lowes and I MUST cross the street to get home!
My DH also likes it when I'm happy.
K

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here