Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
woodnative

S. masoniana variegated

woodnative
9 years ago

Also one of my top five. I enjoy growing this and always appreciate the person whom sent this to me doing so.

Comments (15)

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    9 years ago

Very nice but with only 3 leaves to a stolen, not my #1. Shows it's relationship to guineensis. But with it's wide thick leaves, what's not to like. Hahnii is still my first love. They could stack and have hundreds of leaves. I too have lots of respect to the ones who introduced me to these wonderful plants.
    Stush

• barbmock
    9 years ago

Okay guys, here's mine. I got some good growth last summer, now it's just on hold.

• woodnative
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wow! You guys have some nice big ones! Beautiful!!!

9 years ago

Barb,
    Are there any two leaves exactly the same on your plant? Wow, that is crazy.
    Stush

• barbmock
    9 years ago

Hi Stan,
    Here's another shot of the same plant. As far as I can see, each leaf is different. Some of the mostly green ones are pretty big. I can't wait to see what it does this year.
    Yes, I feel pretty lucky to have my friends here on Garden Web. So much knowledge and sharing.

• Michaela
    9 years ago

Oh-mi-GOSH! You guys are growing some beautiful stuff! :-) Excellent pictures of well-grown plants. I like the variegated masonianas, too.

• Michaela
    9 years ago

Oh-mi-GOSH! You guys are growing some beautiful stuff! :-) Excellent pictures of well-grown plants. I like the variegated masonianas, too.

9 years ago

Mike,
    No pups yet on the variegated masoniana yet. Got to be some thing going on under soil. Hopefully come next month I'll have some thing to show.
    Stush

• pirate_girl
    9 years ago

Hello Folks,

Gosh BMock the white stripes in that last pic are really, really beautiful. My favorite kind of look & the wider leaves of Masoniana, yum!!

Lovely comments you've made too, thanks.

• barbmock
    9 years ago

Thanks PG! Funny how much whiter that picture looks. Same plant.

I have my liminifolia going and a long jungle cacti leaf has sprouted, both from our trading. How are your hoyas doing?

I always love to check in here and see what everyone has been growing. I am thinking about moving sans outside in the next few days. I have a few aloes outside now and they seem happy.

Sorry, I am getting off topic.

• pirate_girl
    9 years ago

Hey BMock,

Thanks, good to see your swap proceeds are thriving. Sadly mine aren't. The cutting from you (H. Mathilde) was great 'til last year sometime, then didn't make it, its cousin (H. chouke) from someone else, is down to its last piece. Had some losses Post Hurricane Sandy & after. Sigh...

But my Sans. Bantels Sens. (just 2) are still plugging along.

Very nice Sans. you opened the thead w/ Woodnative, I wanted to say so & sorry to digress your thread a bit.

Gorgeous plants indeed everybody!

• barbmock
    9 years ago

PG, Let me know if you want to start up some of those tiny hoyas. I have several that could use a trim. You will surely have better luck this year.
    Barb

• pirate_girl
    9 years ago

Thanks Barb,

So kind of you to offer, I think I'd like to take you up on it, just don't have much to trade these days. Let me look around & I'll EM ya.

And I DO say thanks as those smaller leafed Hoyas Chouke & Mathilde were just charming.

• woodnative
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Glad to see interest and even if a little off topic it isn't really. Michaela glad to see you here!! Bmock really like that one offset with the white centers on the leaf. PG I lost some plants and fish post hurricane Sandy when there was no electric.....I appreciate your experience of that and I think you were off electric much longer than us! Stush things are starting to show promise of warming up and hopefully we will all get some new growth soon.

9 years ago

Yes, and it looks like we are going to get busy here.