Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
spotted and oozing sap sans cylindrica

Posted by spiffycat Texas (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 25, 09 at 10:08

These plants are supposed to be easy! Why is my new gorgeous sans cyl oozing sticky sap(?) and spotting at the top of the leaves.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: spotted and oozing sap sans cylindrica

It was watered too much then turned cold. They are very winter sensitive to water. That has been my experience. Norma

o

My S. cylindrica oozes, too. This is nectar, which carries the plant's energy and internal nutrition for new growth. This is not harmful, but in fact a sign the plant is successfully storing energy and sending it towards new growth. (My orchids do the same thing when they're expanding new flower stalks.)

o

Spotted means too much water the wrong time of the year. Oozing means to much water, the plant can't handle
Coming from the bottom of the flower stem or bottom where the flowers are attached or where it attached to the punduncle is okay.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here