Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Swapmeet Sans

Posted by Enterotoxigenic00 10 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 2, 13 at 14:39

I left a message under, 'sans exchange inactive,' about a box of sans I bought a the swapmeet up here at the end of last summer. It was a very hot day around 112 when I came across a seller with a big box of dried, beaten up looking sans.
I tried to hide my excitement but I'm sure I didn't fool him.
I took a chance on the box because the price was right and I couldn't go home empty handed.
When I got the sans home I stood them up in a pail of water for the night. Next day potted them up.
For the winter I did have to pot several up together to save room in the house, small house and lots of plants including DH chile plants.
So now the plants have lots of new root growth and spouting a few new offsets. The one pic with only offsets had a parent plant but it died when the pups started to emerge.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Swapmeet Sans

I still haven't been able to post more than one pic at a time.
Following directions is not my forte'.

o

Another one. This one has three rhizomes. There is another pot that has two of the same and with an offset ready to emerge.

o

hmm, pic didn't post

o

Nice sans, I hope you got a good price!

I can't tell what all those are that you picked up, but the first picture of a single type of plant is Sansevieria trifasciata "Moonglow", a very nice sans. The more light you give it, the paler those leaves will get and the less light you give it, the darker the leaves will get. The second picture is of Sansevieria masoniana "Mason's Congo", another nice sans whose leaves can get quite large. The plant with the chicken in the pot looks like Sansevieria cylindrica, another nice one. Mine is about 3 feet wide.

Good job!

Nancy

o

Nice! Also looks like a S. fischeri or two in the back and maybe a S. patens (not sure if that is a valid name?) in the front. Certainly a nice variety!

o

A cylindrical!, Lol I have been looking for one and it's right here! I was thinking that it needed to be one that has several spikes shooting straight out of the soil. I was pretty sure about the S. fisheries.
I just moved them to a part of the room with moe light. Other plants were moved outside now that it has warmed up.

o

Nice haul! What good fortune for you and the plants.

o

A great haul you've made there! Congrats to you & to others, to others, a good lesson in being ready when opportunity knocks, eh? Some real lovelies.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here