Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abigail1280

Snake Plant Curiosity

abigail1280
13 years ago

My husband's grandmother unexpectedly died earlier this month, and they told me I could have any of her house plants that I wanted. I would've taken them all, but sadly, we didn't have room for them in our car. So I decided to settle for 2. I can vaguely remember my mother having some snake plants when I was growing up; however I've never had one of my own.

My questions are: 1) Can I put it outside? I do have a screened in porch that I could place it on, where it can either get direct sunlight or I can put it in the shade. I actually just saw one on someone's porch coming home, and I'm wondering if this is a good idea. The humidity here is already pretty high, and will stay that way probably until October or so.

2) Why are there broken up pieces of Styrofoam in the pot? It looks like there are some buried in the soil as well.

3) I just noticed when I was out measuring the plant (The longest leaf/stalk is 2' from soil to tip) that the pot is peeling. It's a plastic pot that was painted blue inside and outside. Can this hurt the plant?

{{gwi:83932}}

Comment (1)