Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pirate_girl

my no ID variegated Sans.

pirate_girl
12 years ago

This is a recent arrival. Seems to be settling in nicely.

{{gwi:1250046}}

took a bit to firm up again once I'd changed its mix.

{{gwi:1250047}}

the single, most heavily patterned leaf

{{gwi:1250048}}

Comments (12)

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    12 years ago

Karen,
    You got a winner there. Nice going. The place you got this one didn't give a clue what it is??
    No matter, I love it. Watch this one. Keep it warm and well lit. Please keep us posted. 'Way to go'.

• lovemysans
    12 years ago

Hi Karen!

It's beautiful! Enjoy it!

• hijole
    12 years ago

Pirate Girl, Looks nice but I'm sorry, Is that a sans. bantel sensation or have we figured out what it is yet, it kinda looks like one.

Greg

12 years ago

Greg my friend, I don't believe it's Bantel Sensation. Looks like one of the new cultivars. Maybe Siam-Silver or something in this class.
    Karen, forgive me for giving you advise. You are one of the ones that know what their doing here. Just got so excited. Let us know what happens with this one. If you don't mind telling us, Who did you get this from? How much? Can we get some?

• pirate_girl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi & thanks, I really like green/white variegation, in lots of other plants too (Hoyas, Polyscias/Aralias).

Hey, Stush, I'm open to suggestions/advice. I may not take the advice or agree, but I try to be open to hearing it.

It happens I gave it a pretty well lit spot so I could keep a close eye on it while it settled in.

We'll never know the ID. Forget what I paid, couple buck $4 maybe at my local Indoor Gardening Society (where I'm the resident Sans. person.), their Plant Sale Table.

The instant I saw it I grabbed it, much before anyone else got a chance to see it. Turns out the person who gave it said he got it from the yard of a friend's home in Puerto Rico. Shall I call it Sans. Puerto Ricenses?

I'll be curious to see when it pups if the pups'll be variegated or not?

• norma_2006
    12 years ago

Every leaf on my 'Bantels Sensation' is different, some are solid gold, some only on the backs, depending their location and how much sun they get. It looks like a
    'Bantel's Sensation' but there are other species that look similar. I think the offsets will be variegated mine has never reverted in 20 years it is very stable. Norma

12 years ago

Well Karen, looks like I have to plan my next vacation to Puerto Rico this summer. (ha ha)

Norma, good to hear from you. Hope all is well?

Greg, next time I'm at Englewood, come over to my hotel and have a drink with me.

• Michaela
    12 years ago

If all the leaves look similar, I believe you have trifasiata 'Craigii'.

12 years ago

Al, I thought so also but Karen's looks too white. Craigii has a yellowish markings, or so I throught.

• lovemysans
    12 years ago

Hi guys!

There is a sansevieria called 'golden street' or 'street' that looks similar to this one. If you want to have a looksie go to sanseverix.com, on the lower right column click on trifasciata-grup, then scroll down and click golden street.

Take care guys!

• hijole
    12 years ago

Stush, let's do that, but maybe we could escape to East L. A , I would at least feel a Lil bit more comfortable ( relaxed.)

Lovemysans, I think I'll visit that site myself, thanks for the leed.

Norma, I'm glad you thought it was a sans bantel sensation too, being that your one of the ones that are looked up to by many here at this garden web site.

Hey everyone, excuse me but I've been shouting it from the roof tops, because I was in a contest in the Sanseveria thread site to see who could get their sans bantel to root and sprout a new stem first . "My Sanseveria Bantel Sensation ". Has shot up a new shoot and I am so proud , I feel like a new grandpa, if it was a new father I'd have to pass out cigars and after 7 children I've past out way to many already.

Greg

• lovemysans
    12 years ago

Hi Greg!

Did it? Woohoo!!! Congratulations!

Wait...Did you get me again?