Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for some starts

Posted by tracyl 5 IL (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 13, 06 at 21:27

I HAVE JUST RECENTLY STARTED TO GROW SOME OF THESE AMAZING PLANTS AND WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SOME STARTS OF SOME OTHERS, ESPECIALLY THE LOW GROWING TYPE. I ONLY HAVE A FEW AND WOULD BE WILLING TO GIVE SOMEONE A GOOD TRADE FOR SOME GOOD STARTS OF SOME OTHERS.

THANKS

TRACYL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for some starts

Hi Tracy,

Pls try posting this at the Exchange Page here as that's exactly what it's for. It's also where people look for such offers, good luck w/ it and welcome. See the top of the Sans. Forum next to where it says "On Topic Discussions" & click on "Exchanges".

o

Hi Tracy,

Did you ever hear from anyone regarding a sans trade? I have a few of the shorter ones, but most of mine are the common type. What do you have now? Let me know and maybe we can work something out.

Betty

o

Tracy, email me privately and I'll see what I can do regarding some small 'starts' for you.
Russ
chammer@cfl.rr.com

o

Tracy, Russ is a real charmer, and he is just great to new people. A real gentleman. I like that you offered a trade when you asked for some starts. The ones in the stores are common plants, that grow fast. That is the reason they can be offered so cheaply.

Rare is one with red flowers which I just ordered. The leaves on all Sans. are beautiful, so I really don't care it they flower. But a bonus is nice. Norma

o

Norma -- I watched a red-flowered sans sell on ebay recently...way out of my price range, but quite an interesting plant! I hope you'll be able to share pictures with us when it blooms. (If you don't post pics yourself, maybe you have a friend who'd be willing.)
I bet you have quite an amazing collection, including that beautiful variegated Patens, and now this one...

I agree that Russ is most generous. He shared some plants with me, too, years ago, before this Sanseveria forum was created. It was the first clue I had that there were more interesting Sans out there than just trifasciata laurentii and plain green hahnii!

o

• Posted by
    plant.babies Zone 7-8
    (gw:plant.babies) on
    Mon, Aug 21, 06 at 16:03

Russ really is a great, trustworthy, helpful guy.

He sent me seven sansv varieties, all with tags -- they are thriving except one that I overwatered, but I think I saved the crown.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here