Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lccntryrox

Please help with identification

lccntryrox
18 years ago

Hi everyone,

I would greatly appreciate help with the identification of two plants. The first one has a very faded ID tag, all I can tell you is the name ends with "nsonii". Although I have a digital picture, I cannot figure out how to print it here! I can tell you it is a small plant with very thick leaves, med-dark green banded leaves edged with red. The plant is about 3" in diameter. Each leaf is about 1 to 1.5" long.

The other plant I saw in a store, the owner would not sell it to me, but gave me a leaf to propagate. The leaf is 3" long by 1/2" wide, a very dark green thin leaf with very slight banding, with a red edge. Of course, I then found out that it will not propagate true with the variegation, but I loved the plant, it was very small with great coloration. If someone can tell me how to get pics on here, I would be glad to put them on, or email to anyone who thinks they might be able to ID these plants.

Also, can anyone give me advice on how to propagate this leaf? I am keeping it dry in a cactus mix. I only let it dry for 12 hours before I planted it. Should I let it callus longer? Even though the variegation will not come through, I do not want to lose this leaf.

Thanks so much for your help!

Lisa

Comments (4)