Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sarabeth75

Sans ID

SaraBeth75
12 years ago

I was given a plant from my Great Aunts house. The house has been empty for at least 10 year but someone has been watering the plants once a week so all were very root bound and neglected. I was given what I believe to be a form of mother-in-law's tongue but it is not some thing I have seen. It has narrow leaves (1" wide) and a couple measure 3' tall. The leaves are solid green and not as fleshy or leathery as some other varieties. It does have the pricklies on the edges of the leaves. The whole thing is kind of flopped over in the pot as much of it is above the soil line and some leaves are vertical but drooping over. New growth does come from the center resembling the rosette I have read about. The pot is extremely heavy so I imagine the soil is very heavy. I just got it today so will repot tomorrow. Just trying to confirm that it is a sansevieria and possibly what kind. I am sure the plant is very old as that room of her house has been full of plants since the 70s or before. Thanks for any light you might shed.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz