Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mirandajane_gw

Sick Moonshine Sans! :(

mirandajane
10 years ago

Hi Gardeners,

I am a very new plant owner, and I am so sad my plant is ailing! Can you help me figure out what is wrong?

This is my first houseplant, a very pretty medium sized Moonshine Sansevieria I bought in January.

The pot is a glazed on the outside, clay on the inside pot with a drainage hole and attached drip tray. The soil mix is 3 parts cactus mix + 1 part super soil potting soil. The plant is in a sunny corner of the room where she receives ample indirect sunlight from a window and patio door with blinds. It has been in the 70s outside and the heat has been on at night so the air is very very dry here in the So-cal desert.

I was watering her about once every 10 days or so when the soil was bone-dry. I was very worried about OVER watering, but now I am worried I haven't been watering enough.

I recently noticed that the leaves are sort of leaning outward, and have these wrinkled spots. The edges of some of the spears are curled and browning, and there are also these worrisome soft wrinkled spots on the leaves.

I've watered twice in the last week, really soaking the soil, but everything seems to drain out and the pot is dry the next day.

I want to make sure I save my plant, without over watering it in the process.

Does anyone recognize the symptoms on the leaves and have any advice? I feel like I am letting this plant down. :(

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio