Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quality Time

Posted by ilovetogrow 9B Jax FL (My Page) on
Sun, May 22, 11 at 11:29

Recently my son has joined me in gardening. He has taken a keen interest in hostas and orchids. I have a nice collection of sans and recently re-potting one largely over grown one I cut off three nice sized pups and set them aside. When I was done I asked, 'What am I to do with these? Maybe the compost bin?' Quietly at first he said, 'I can take one. Maybe two or three.' I just chuckled. Next thing I knew they were potted up and off to a new home. I am enjoying this time very much with my son. Paula=^..^=

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quality Time

What a lovely little interaction.

How old is your young gardener? I especially like the "1, maybe 2 or 3". Sounds like he's been paying attention to the gardening, good job ;>)

o

My son just had a birthday this month and turned 28. He has grown up in green houses from California to Florida since he was a small child. Mostly they were filled with cactus. He generally had a few of his own that were the colorful grafted ones.
He has been paying attention. He has now managed to beat me out of some of the better deals and knows where the clearance table is in the garden dept. Going to have to watch that child!

o

Interesting, I thought were were talking about a small boy like 6-8 yrs. old.

I realize since he's your son so you may always regard him as your 'child'. However, having just turned 28, to me he hasn't been a child for more than 20 yrs.

o

Hmm

my daughter is 7 and properly taking care of a Mammillaria, a Crassula ovata and of course a Sansevieria trifasciata. She already excels her mother in keeping plants alive ;)

Our son is yet too little at 4 1/2

Helli

o

Sounds great! I share the love about growing plants with my Mom too. If she wasn't 81 and could move around better I'm sure she would have more plants. Every plant she has looks so vigorous and healthy!
It's great to share the same interests with (one of your) parents (from a daughters perspective of view).
Hope you have many more precious moments with your son!
Nicole

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here