Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plants outside for the summer?

Posted by bmock 7b (My Page) on
Thu, May 2, 13 at 11:54

I am hoping to get some warm weather soon, but it has been so slow in coming this year, we are still getting some cool and rainy days and nights. It feels like summer will never get here.

Have you been able to move your sans outside yet?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plants outside for the summer?

No. Harumpf.

Michael
Interlaken, NY Z6

o

Now that's out of my system... the spring has been long in coming. I finally have flowers on the weeping cherry. All around me, at lower elevations, they've been in bloom for nearly two weeks.

I've just begun to water the Sans a bit more. Once it gets warm enough to put them out, the roots should actively growing again, or at least that's what I hope for.

The vegetable garden has been turned and weeded for over a month... waiting... for... spring...

Michael
Interlaken NY Z6

o

Just the jades and other harder plants. Not risking the Sans yet.

o

I moved a couple out but probably should not have........hope I did not do damage but they are in a sheltered, shady spot agains the south side of my house to start out.

o

Maybe in another week or two, We will get some of the heat that sans love. I will just wait.

o

I put jade plants on my back porch, hoping to get a bit of color to show. We're still too cool at night for sans.

Lennie in SW lower Michigan
predicted lows in the lower 50s all next week.

o

What a bummer that we can only enjoy outside conditions for our sans 5 months out of the year. Need to rethink moving south. Our friends in Florida in zone 10 don't love plants like we do and what a shame. They can grow them outside almost all year long. They have some out side all year but they look a little shabby for it.

o

we'll have low to hi 50s this week at nite and hi-60s during the day - I am putting out a couple of my movable sans to stay overnite, but not my giant one. I won't be able to move that one in, if temps drop.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here