Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roberto2_gw

Platinum Princess

roberto2
10 years ago

does any of You in the States know of this cultivar? Is it the same of 'Moonshine'? I have four sub-varieties of this variety( crested, variegated , thick leaved, green longit.striped) but never heard of this one.

C:\Users\Roberto\Desktop\silver princess.jpg

Comments (14)

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    10 years ago

Roberto2,
    Looks the same as our regular 'Moonshine'. I found some really nice 'other' kinds of Moonshine and tried to purchased them only to loose $130. They shipped with no Phyto-Cert from Indonesia and lost the whole order at customs here at NY airport. I was asked to file a police report on them but I figured it would do no good. So I lost the $130. Live and learn. They had one called moonshine brazilian crested, and monshine variegated and for only a few dollars each. Too good to be true.
    Stush

• woodnative
    10 years ago

Roberto nice plant!!
    Stush that is terrible!! A shame!!! Were they supposed to include the Phyto??
    I would love to get a variegated 'Moonshine' someday.

• Laura Robichaud
    10 years ago

Stush...what a lesson learned. ugh.

10 years ago

I had you in mind with I was buying them Chris. Some really nice ones also.

Live and learn.
    Stush

• pirate_girl
    10 years ago

Hey Stush,

So sorry to hear, what a shame. I hope you got my EM several days ago.

10 years ago

Yes, Karen, I'll email you back. Thanks for reminding me.

• Enterotoxigenic00
    10 years ago

My moonshine does not look like this one. So, does this mean that I have to find one like this one? Oh, will it never end? I hope not! lol

10 years ago

Enterotozigenic,
    Show a picture of yours. I had both the all silver like pictured above and one with a little more green in it but they were still the same plant. Just growing conditions differed. They have that dark green edge. You just might have one of the other kind mentioned. If you do, we all want a piece.

Noticed the ones I purchased from Bob Smoley. They have a little more green cross hacting but still the same plant.
    Stush

• Enterotoxigenic00
    10 years ago

These are a few pics of the moonshine I have, they seem more green than others I've seen. On the larger plant some
    of the leaves are 4" wide.

• Enterotoxigenic00
    10 years ago

ok, photobucket is stuck. So sorry, here comes another pic,
    these were in a box of dried up sansevieria that I purchased at a swap meet last summer.

• Enterotoxigenic00
    10 years ago

Last one, like I've stated before following directions is not my forte'. I was able to load them onto photobucket, but it's not responding.

• plantomaniac08
    10 years ago

I've noticed that the older leaves on my 'Moonshine' are a darker shade of green than the newer ones. Also, I think I remember reading somewhere that if not given brighter light, the paler green leaves will turn a darker shade of green over time, that to keep that pale green color, it is necessary to keep it in a brighter location. Not sure if that's true though. I know mine isn't getting all that bright of light so maybe that's possible.

Planto

10 years ago

Enterotoxigenic,
    Your 'Moonshine' looks great. I don't see nothing wrong here. Nice growing. and save me a pup. When the time comes. Need to replace my stock. (lost them all).
    Stush

10 years ago

Thanks to Barb, I got all the 'Moonshine' I want. Thanks again.

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County