Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miniature Sans

Posted by eahamel 9a (My Page) on
Sat, May 11, 13 at 19:32

This is in a hanging basket, 8". It's about 6-7" tall. Repotted a few months ago, and I have pieces in a couple of different containers. I've had this one about 15 years. It blooms and sets seed regularly.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miniature Sans

i dont think that is a sans of any kind

o

Teen,
Yes it is. SANSEVIERIA SP. KENYA (SPOON LEAF DWARF). Check out at Bob Smoley #10088. Also comes in a Large form.
I found so many different ones that I am comfused also.
Stush

o

It could be S. concinna. That's a nice little plant like the spoon leaf Stush mentioned
Michael
Interlaken NY Z6

o

That is the most unusual sanseviera i have evr seen

o

Wait. I am still suprised by this spices.

o

I think it is the spoon leaf. It's a very varied genus, that's for sure. I got this one at a specialty tropical plant sale that several men used to hold every year, selling divisions from their own plants. It had a proper tag once upon a time. It wasn't cheap.

o

and it flowers well, and need more water then other San. Parva also needs more water then other San. it lives next to Victoria Falls So. Africa

o

It also wants to jump out of the pot! It doesn't do nice thick clumps. I planted some in the garden thinking it might like it there. Trouble is that it hardly gets noticed and it isn't that happy. Good thing I still have some in pots.
Has a very cute bloom.

o

I'm a little late to the party here, but the plant posted by 'eahamel' is the dwarf form of S. concinna. There seems to be large, medium and dwarf forms of concinna. They are sometimes commonly called, 'spoonleafs'. The dwarf makes an interesting hanging basket.

I've been depotting and primping my plants and took this picture of my dwarf concinna a few days ago that had been left alone in he same pot for about 5 years. As 'Laura 1' said, it likes to jump out of the pot especially if crowded. I like the shallow azalea pots for this one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here