Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
norma_2006

Grass like Sansevieria

norma_2006
10 years ago

Some one here was inquiring about it, well I found it, thank goodness you inquired, another week and the whole plant would be dead. It is very slow growing, and it needs more water then most San. It was found in a ditch along a road going north from Capetown, peobably got water in the African Winter, which is during our summer. It was given to me from John Gamesby he lost his plant eventually, I sent him a part of mine, give one away and it always be returned. That has been true with with few exceptions. All of you remember that. I gave a piece of a plant to Dale LaForest, and lost mine. when I asked if he had a spare leaf well back it came. I received a plant of 'Fernwood' and when Rogers Weld of Fernwood Nursery lost his which was given to him by Juan Chahinion I gave him one of mine which was green , mine are all gold now with very stiff pointed leaves. I gave away a whole plant of then named 'Patens' all green, well after several years I started offset from leaves they reverted to variegated, it's is still green just the starts I did with it turned variegated. So you never know. The more years your work with this species the more you learn each year. Observe them, other words, take the time to smell the flowers, I find the darnest thing pop up in my garden if I look closely and take the time to observe. I found two ripe seeds today. I wonder what they will turn out to be?. Norma

Comments (9)