Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dead (or still dying?) sansevieria, any way to save it?

Posted by ivps none (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 22, 12 at 6:42

i got my sansevieria months ago, i forgot what exactly it is, either fischerii or ballyi, and :'( i know it is my fault for not watering it for like 1 month, i neglected it and now i'm feeling really bad. I live in a tropical, hot country where i use air con everytime i am inside my room, and i put it in my room. I'd been busy and totally forgot that I actually own a plant in my room.
Thats when i noticed that it's wrinkling, and kinda crisp, the leaves were drooping. and 3/4 of the leaves just fell apart as i touched it. the last time i watered it was one or one and a half month ago.

Now theres only a few leaves near the roots left, is there any way to save it? i really don't want it to die :(. Thank you. and yes i know it's the kind of plant that would survive in extreme condition, and it died or still dying. and it's a hundred percent my fault.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dead (or still dying?) sansevieria, any way to save it?

Looks dead in the first pic, sorry. Are those the same plant? Way too much going on in that 2nd pot to tell.

o

• Posted by ivps none (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 22, 12 at 7:53

yes it is the same plant. the first picture is a part of the plant that fell off...the second picture is what's left.

o

Hi ivps! The second pic looks good, right? I see baby leaves coming in. That's a good sign...

o

Hi ivps

Would you please make a close-up picture of whats left. Its hard to see

Meanwhile i would take the plant out and check the roots. If you do please make a picture of it too and post it.

Inna

o

I'm w/ Elichka on this, can't see it well enough to say (w/all that stuff & color changes in the top of the mix), so I'd turn it out to see as well.

Hi lovemysans,

Yes, baby leaves but difficult to see if they're still alive or not.

o

Hi & welcome to Gardenweb.

I zoomed the pic until it got fuzzy and couldn't tell either.

o

• Posted by ivps none (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 22, 12 at 23:16

sorry for the seashells and things on the pot, yes it kinda annoys me too since i have zero knowledge about plants so i don't wanna mess around with it, it's been like that since i bought the plant from a known garden in my area.
here i took some pictures with my dslr camera with better resolution so you can zoom in and out as you wish better. thank you for all responses, i really wish i could save this plant.

o

ivps,
You said it was hot where you live? Why not leave it alone and just water it weekly. As long as it didn't get a cold spell, you have a 50/50 chance with this. No direct sun. Partal is good. Once growing, more light. Good luck.

o

I think those leaves are not new baby leaves but old lower dried up. Correct me if I'm wrong. Please touch the rhizome if it's soft or squishy. Roots look ok to me. I would cut those leaves until I see how inside of rhizome looks like. If its brown, hollow it's goner. It should be pale green or soft yellow color. Dust w/cinnamon,let dry. Pot up in a few days and don't water. Soil mix should be fast draining.
But let's wait until someone else more experienced chime in. I could be wrong.

Inna

o

All good advise, but I think too late. If in a very slight chance it is still alive somewhere? The damage is too severe. It would take several years to overcome this. I would just buy another one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here