Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
S.t.Futura 'Kristi'

Posted by michaela z6.5B TN (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 28, 14 at 17:49

S. Futura 'Kristi' is a new and very hot plant. I found this picture of it on the internet. It is a reminder, maybe even an equivalent, to its full grown sister, 'Lillian True'. If any reader has a pup they could part with from a mother plant that looks as good as the one in this picture, maybe we can get together )). Hopefully, the big box stores will begin to carry it like they did with F. 'Gold Flame' and Futura 'Black Gold'.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: S.t.Futura 'Kristi'

I'll be on the lookout for a Kristi, if I find it, I will grab one for you.
When I was looking around the web for Kristi, I ran across another new one, Wintergreen. I think they have just applied for a patent. Described as having Bantels Sensation as a parent. I wasn't really impressed. Here's a pic. This from Charlie Cook.

o

Wintergreen, Looking so much like a plain trifasciata. So what was suposed to be the difference?
Mike,
I have what 'we called extra strips' which may or may not be Kristi is not near as beauitful as what you showed. It is just a little highter than the hahnii class. Maybe only 10 inches tallest.
If you want one of mine. It's ok.
Stush

o

Stush, I never saw 'Wintergreen' in person, but from what I can see it is a full size trifasciata and all the leaves have alternating gray bands (some people call this 'blue'). I think this is a different look than the typical trifasciata, especially if the gray never morphs into another shade or color. Personally, I like it better than the typical old fashion species variety; it looks "cold".

I think the Futura you showed above is 'Gold Flame', Stush. G.F. has much more green tissue showing, and does not have the extra wide yellow margins that 'Kristi' has,

Thanks, Barb. If you guys see this 'Kristi', remember your old buddy here in the siberia of sansevieriadom. ))

o

Here is another 'Gold Flame' looking simular to Kristi. It is being sold in EBay. $10 not too bad but another $20 in shipping is. Here's the link;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SANSEVIERIA-TRIFASCIATA-GOLDEN-FLAME-4-INCH-PLANT-9-95-/271419622674?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f31dec512
Stush.
I'll keep on the look out here in PA.

o

After being given S.t. futura 'Asahi' and/or 'Morgenstern's Futura Aurea'. No Sans can compair. It is simply the best of the best. Thanks to the genious people here.

o

Another photo of same.

o

Good growing Stush! I love that one too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here