Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stush49

Plants on my porch

Hung a gutter along my railing and got it filled with my plants.

Comments (14)

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The other side. Started off with my Euphorbia collection.

Original Author
    9 years ago

My S. t. 'MoonShine'. Showing more green cross markings. The edge of the leaves has a tiny sawtooth edge. Some thing I never saw in a trifasciata.
    Has anyone saw this on leaf edges?
    Stush

Original Author
    9 years ago

Just can't get my S. t. h. 'Gold Hahnii' to pup. How about a split growing crown! A first for me. Grew out the side of a bunch of leaves and now forms a twin to the growing main.
    Stush

• Enterotoxigenic00
    9 years ago

I can hear all the " ohhhs and awes" now.
    No wait, that's me!
    As usual all beautiful.
    One of the golden hahnii that survived has two offsets.
    Another, a silver frost in which each leaf was different,
    the offset ended up having leaves that are all the same.
    Karen

This post was edited by Enterotoxigenic00 on Fri, Jun 20, 14 at 20:02

• Michaela
    9 years ago

Stush, you are definitely an addict. You need help....QUICK! haha!

Original Author
    9 years ago

Karen,
    I didn't even show the window box full of Golden Hahnii you gave me. Still has the same pups growing but no new ones.

Mike,
    That's only my one side of my porch. I still got the whole back porch covered and rest of the railings on the front porch. And yes I do need help. But not from anyone here. Of course.
    Stush
    That's it, the last one. yea right.

• PaulaZ
    9 years ago

Just saw on J&J website...close out on Sans..... don't know if the prices are good or bad here is link

Here is a link that might be useful: J&J Cactus

Original Author
    9 years ago

Paula,
    That's so sweet of you. I think I am going to thin out/down my collection. I got too much.
    I may just keep my Futura and hahnii group only. They are small.
    Stush

• plantomaniac08
    9 years ago

Stush,
    Arenyou considering getting rid of the large ones you have? I know you said you've been growing some of them for yeeeeears. I'd hate to see you get rid of those. :/

Planto

• Enterotoxigenic00
    9 years ago

Gasp!

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

Awesome, Stush!

Josh

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    9 years ago

Looks fantastic! Never heard of anyone who has more diff Sans than you, although I don't read every discussion here.

I've cut myself on a Sans leaf before, like a paper cut. It was probably plain S. trifasciata but I don't remember for sure. That may be part of the origin of the common name sword plant, in addition to the sword shape of the leaves. The edges can be sharp.

Did you put any Sans in the ground for summer?

• woodnative
    9 years ago

Stush they all look GREAT!!!!!! Nice growing!! Looks like they all came through the winter very happy and without problem and they should really take off now in the warm humid summer!. Healthy, attractive plants nicely displayed!!!!! -Chris

Original Author
    9 years ago

Tiffany,
    Not in the ground this year. Was going to do it with my larger ones but I did get rid of them. Sold them next to nothing to find good homes for them. I am glad and sad at the same time.
    Chris,
    No losses this year. Kept warmer and more light than normal. I did manage to lose a Agave Quadacolor. That one is really perflexing me. Grew great for two years and even had pups sprouting. Then base rot and the whole thing with pups rotted. I guess I will never know why. Can only guess, too much water after haveing no water for a month.
    The lady who gave it to me had another, so I am trying again.
    Stush