Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: San's container gardens

How Pretty!. I especially like the one with the driftwood.
kay

o

How Pretty!. I especially like the one with the driftwood.
kay

o

Love it. Beautifully done, and the plants are perfect. I don't think I could find a containter large enough to hold them, other then a bathtub, it does have good drainage. Just joking ;o)
Thanks for taking the time to show us the picture. Norma

o

Very nice Stephania, the only plants I do not like (well, not the plants really, but what was done to them) are the braided Sans (the ones with the leaves interwoven and laced on top).

In the first picture, besides the two trifasciata cultivars, what are the other species in the picture?

In the pictures 5 and 6, what is the green banded species with broad elliptical leaves to the right of the kirkii var. pulchra? And what is the one with tall leaves like a trifasciata but with the color of a kirkii var. pulchra 'Coppertone'?

Cheers,

Marlon.

o

Thanks all (^_^)"

Marlon, on the left is Sans. francisii and on the right is Sans. concinna.

o

Thanks Stephania!

Cheers,

Marlon.

o

Oh my goodness! These are beautiful dish gardens! I've never seen one made with Sansevierias like this before! They are SO MUCH better than those gardens made with cactus! Your arrangements are gorgeous! My plants are pitiful compared to these. You have shown something we can all strive for, and a complete new slant on growing Sansevierias!

o

Great Sansevieria garden dish. I have never seen anything this nice b-4. Thanks for the pictures...

o

This is beautiful! I love the braided ones, and have never seen them b4. what breed are they and where can I get one!?!? Thanks!

o

Hello,

I have one variety of sans the one that is called the mother-in-laws tonge. I have read that sansevieria is a good luck plant.

o

Hi,

oops there has been some confusion IMHO. Marlon, in the FIRST photo there is S. francisii on the left and S. concinna on the right.

In the 5th and 6th photo, the elliptical leaves probably belong to S. elliptica, S. masoniana or S. forskaliana. The copper coloured one should indeed be a S. kirkii Coppertone. They can get pretty big.

All the best, Helli

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here