o
First Sans to Bloom

Posted by blutarski (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 26, 08 at 23:07

This the first sans of mine to bloom:

[image] http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3096/2614281715_01fbb320b5.jpg [/image]

The backstory on this plant:

I got it through freecycle

It lives in a battered, broken plastic pot, in soil that appears to be wood chips and regular potting soil.

It spent the winter in a dark corner.

When I put it out for the spring, I put it in a shady spot that soon became overgrown with ferns and promptly forgot it.

It got soaked by the big rains we had and endured night temps in the upper forties and low fifties.

I went to water it today for the first time and saw that it was ready to bloom.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First Sans to Bloom

They will all flower if conditions are just right for the species. Some are harder to bring to flower, but give them losts water in the spring, rain water is especially great for them. I have several in flower at this time of the year, and for some reason
Sept. is the best month for flowering for me. That rosette will not flower again, but it will put out a lot of babies if you let it and they should flower. The neglect did it, it is celebrating it's new life. This flowering rosette will not die, it will just produce new plants for you. Congratulations. Norma

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here