Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lyk2scrap_gw

Norma's pictures to share

lyk2scrap
15 years ago

Here is Norma's pics she wanted to share.

Comments (16)

• lyk2scrap
    Original Author
    15 years ago

More pictures...

• marlonmachado
    15 years ago

Wonderful plants, Norma! I only know the trifasciata and the pinguicola. Can you post the names of the others?

Cheers,

Marlon.

• christianme
    15 years ago

You go girl!! Is the bottom plant a Lillian True?

• dufflebag2002
    15 years ago

There is one I can't even recognize. I will need to go back and see what I sent. I'm not good at IDing a picture even if they are my own plants, how many pictures may I send, I don't want to bore you all to death. Norma

• Michaela
    15 years ago

It would help the boredom considerably if you could, or would, identify your plants as you take the pictures; send them one or two at a time.

• isusandi
    15 years ago

norma,
    Let's me guess,
    1. S. 'Midnight Fountain'
    2. S. subspicata
    3. S. parva
    4. -
    5. S. pinguicula
    6. S. sulcata?
    7. S. trifasciata 'Lilian True'

• reiver
    15 years ago

Love the sans!
    Mike

• dufflebag2002
    15 years ago

#4 S. canaliculata miniature form I grow it as a bonsai, and put it in a show this past year. The judges could not identify the plant. I'm not good at showing. Norma

• dufflebag2002
    15 years ago

If I could figure out how to get the names on my pictures directly I wouldn't be asking for help. I want them to show up directly here on the forum, not tucked away someplace else. It's an excellent idea I can't do it. Thanks for the suggestion. Norma

• elsier
    15 years ago

Thanks for showing your Sans, Norma. I really like the last one.

Elsie

• dufflebag2002
    15 years ago

'Lillian True' is right

Your guesses are as good as mine. I'll try to do it better next time. Who wants to take a turn sending them to the forum. Norma

• dufflebag2002
    15 years ago

The one with the flower is S. aubrytiana and the flower this year was huge, 5" across, and at least 1 ft long, now it is a mature plant, the flower had a wonderful perfume to it and kept my whole house smelling like a bunch of fresh Roses. Really you can't tell what they are going to look like until the plant matures, so when the leaves are mature, then you can name them. Don't any one fool you that they can name a young leaf. You need to see the whole plant, many go through 3 different stages of development just like we do. I work with experts, and they are the first to tell you that. The more they know the more humble they are. Norma

• pirate_girl
    15 years ago

Hi Norma,

Nice pix, are they in your greenhouse or at the Huntington pls?

I thought Lillian True was a variegate w/ white, this pix, the variegation looks very yellow, confusing?

• chokolatedove
    15 years ago

I never knew there were so many types of Sans! I thought I only knew of one type! Learn something new everyday! Thanks for the pics and the knowledge!!

• norma_2006
    15 years ago

#4 is San. sp. aubrytiana, this past year it showed me 5 flower stems, about 5 " around covered with flowers. It was broght into the house, and perfumed my house for two weeks, opening a little at a time, that flower was 5" x l8" high. I did show a picuture #4 of a strance looking one. Well the next flowering was special. Now, those growths will not do that again, I will need to wait for new growth to get it to flower. The old growth will be given away, so it can go on a make new offsets for flowers. Thank you for posting my pictures. Any other volunteer to post the pictures for me? Norma

• norma_2006
    15 years ago

Those are my plant Karen, I have over 225 at this time. I do not have the new hybrids, nor the newly discovered plants yet. Norma

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH