Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flowering time

Posted by mfyss w. Ill. (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 13:07

A number of Sans are in bloom, but not sure of the name of this one where the flower is difficult to see against the sky (it is in the upper middle). Yale

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flowering time

Hi Yale,

Looks like it's going to be a beauty, I especially like its arching form. It's a type of S. Cylindrica (sorry if that's obvious, but you did say you didn't know). Which I don't know, as I believe there are a few at least.

I currently have one which is ridged like that which I've grown from a single leaf (it's got its 1st new leaf).

The Cylindrica I saw in bloom in Calif in 2001 (indoors) was quite large & incredibly fragrant in bloom. I literally followed the smell across a home I was visiting 'til I found the source, a HUGE pot of them in a bedroom, next to a sliding glass door. So cool.

Hope you'll favor us w/ more pix when it opens & let us know if it too is fragrant.

Sorry I don't have a more specific name for you.

o

• Posted by mfyss w. Ill. (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 17:43

A better vier of the same plant. Yale

o

I believe this is actually a suffruticosa.

o

It is beautiful.
I have a very small one.
I can't wait (I know I must) until it gets so large!
Karen

o

Fri, Jul 25, 14 at 11:13

Another one, blooming at the same time, with 6 flower spikes, and now bearing several seeds. Yale

o

Love them, wish I could sniff!

o

Very nice!

Josh

o

Fri, Sep 5, 14 at 16:21

Now have several seeds, most from S. ehrenbergii. Still green but a couple of months old. Will send some out, if anyone wants to experiment. It is hard to say what you will get, if anything from a seed. Yale

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here