Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barbmock

Summer pictures

barbmock
9 years ago

I have a couple that are blooming! This one is S. T. Sunrise.

Comments (21)

• barbmock
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is my little hahnii group. They seem to be happier this year.

• barbmock
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And here is Pinguicula, one of the pups has taken root in the next door neighbor's pot. It's finally growing, slowly.

• Michaela
    9 years ago

Nice grouping of pictures, Barb. I agree with you about the 'ballyi', I do not believe it is a 'Mini' just because the leaves are too long. Along these same lines, I bought a ballyi 'Wangala Station' one time, but if there was a difference in it and the ballyi type plant, I did not see it. Ballyi makes a pretty good hanging basket. It grows a lot faster than pinguicula. When your pinguicula matures, the leaves will change from a rosette, and 'migrate' into an open hand shape. Its bizarre.

• barbmock
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Mike,
    Thanks, I have noticed that there are several different ballyis on different websites. Not much difference between them. I wonder why there is so much confusion on names.
    I hope I will see my ping grow into a fan someday. I have seen a few pictures of them, probably from Indonesia.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

Unfortunately the pics are all sideways.

• barbmock
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hmmm, sorry about that. They are upright over here in Georgia.

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    9 years ago

Thanks for the picture show Barb,
    The one above Golden Hahnii, is that 'hahnii Lucille Polen'?
    Stush

• barbmock
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Stush, it's hahnii silver marginated.

• Enterotoxigenic00
    9 years ago

Love the pictures.
    They all look happy.
    My hahnii seem to be doing better this year also.
    Karen

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    9 years ago

Sorry Barb, the picture was sideways, I mean the one to the upper right side.
    Stush

• barbmock
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh, that one is Silver Frost. It's putting out more variegation right now. The other variegated one next to it is Streaker. The small dark green is Loop's Pride, and at the top is Jade Marginated. The larger one at the top is Hahnii Crested.

• hellkitchenguy Manuel
    7 years ago

I just got a Ballyi yesterday. Would it be ok to place it in a hanging planter, like a spider plant with the babies hanging down ?

• mlaforet05
    7 years ago

Yes! absolutely! Let the babies hang down.

• Mary978
    7 years ago

Beautiful Sans photo shoot, haha! I especially love your Hahnii grouping; can't wait for mine to get that way...

• barbmock
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Mary, that picture is 2 years old, unfortunately I have pretty much lost my hahniis since then. They are the most challenging for me. But, thanks anyway!

• Mary978
    7 years ago

Aww, that's too bad barbmock; they were certainly beautiful!

• NextObsession?
    7 years ago

Here is my Sans Summer Camp setup:

There are some others on a couple tables and I rotate several into the house once a week. These get both morning sun and late afternoon sun. No more shadecloth, they've acclimated.

• Mary978
    7 years ago

Again, "Sans Heaven" love it!

• vitorama
    7 years ago

Awesome collection!

• barbmock
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I just wish I could come over for a closer look Nexto. They are looking great. More pictures!