Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Summer pictures

Posted by bmock 7b (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 14, 14 at 13:23

I have a couple that are blooming! This one is S. T. Sunrise.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Summer pictures

This one was bought as Ballyi Mini. I think the leaves are too long to be Mini, but I like it anyway. The blooms are just ready to open.

o

Here is my little hahnii group. They seem to be happier this year.

o

And here is Pinguicula, one of the pups has taken root in the next door neighbor's pot. It's finally growing, slowly.

o

Nice grouping of pictures, Barb. I agree with you about the 'ballyi', I do not believe it is a 'Mini' just because the leaves are too long. Along these same lines, I bought a ballyi 'Wangala Station' one time, but if there was a difference in it and the ballyi type plant, I did not see it. Ballyi makes a pretty good hanging basket. It grows a lot faster than pinguicula. When your pinguicula matures, the leaves will change from a rosette, and 'migrate' into an open hand shape. Its bizarre.

o

Hi Mike,
Thanks, I have noticed that there are several different ballyis on different websites. Not much difference between them. I wonder why there is so much confusion on names.
I hope I will see my ping grow into a fan someday. I have seen a few pictures of them, probably from Indonesia.

o

Unfortunately the pics are all sideways.

o

Hmmm, sorry about that. They are upright over here in Georgia.

o

Thanks for the picture show Barb,
The one above Golden Hahnii, is that 'hahnii Lucille Polen'?
Stush

o

Stush, it's hahnii silver marginated.

o

Love the pictures.
They all look happy.
My hahnii seem to be doing better this year also.
Karen

o

Sorry Barb, the picture was sideways, I mean the one to the upper right side.
Stush

o

Oh, that one is Silver Frost. It's putting out more variegation right now. The other variegated one next to it is Streaker. The small dark green is Loop's Pride, and at the top is Jade Marginated. The larger one at the top is Hahnii Crested.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here