Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stush49

My current collection of sans

This is a partal listing of some of my sanserieria. Names on the pictures as well as who i received them from.

I like the new wide leaf coming up.

This one differs from other look alikes by having no signs of molting or 'snake skin' It is solid green with yellow edges.

Looks like a agave crossed with a sansevieria.

Suprising new wider yellow/white growth only on the older stock.

New 'Moonshine' just purchased then my daughter bought me this one from K-Marts and for only $2.99 on sale clearence.

Almost lost this one in winter. Taking off now with hot wet weather we are now having.

And last but still very inportant to me is this one given to me but I don't know if she wants her name mentioned.

I still didn't show off my futuras' 'Gold Flame' and 'Gold Edge' or the tall ones just transplanted. Coming soon.

Comments (13)

• woodnative
    11 years ago

Stan-
    Keep those photos coming!!! Looks like lots of new growth on that 'Bantel's Sensation'......actually all of them look like they are growing well! -Chris

• elichka
    11 years ago

i love your collection. 'Bantel's Sensation' looks spectacular.

Inna

• bonsaigai
    11 years ago

Hurray! Thank you Stush. I love the big Moonshine. Beautiful!

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Very interesting! I've never seen most of those before. Love the 'streaker!' Do you ever catch it running past the others Sans completely naked?

• lovemysans
    11 years ago

Hehe, purpleinopp!

Stush, the pics of the Midnight Shine and the Moonshine from Bob are awesome...The Bantel's is looking great too!

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    Original Author
    11 years ago

When I see new pups coming up, then I will celebrate.
    Here's part two.

Next I will post my cactus and agaves with my Euphorbias. That is going to take some time. On the Cactus and Sus. forum.
    And special thanks to Chris for his generous gifts.
    Stush

• plantomaniac08
    11 years ago

Stush,
    I could of sworn I posted earlier but apparently it got eaten. I can't wait to see pictures of your cacti on the C&S forum, I wasn't aware that you also grew cacti. I love your 'Gold flame' Sans.

Planto

• hijole
    11 years ago

Hey Stush my friend you have got to have the most unique collection of Sans I've ever seen at one place at one time.

The ones you gave me are doing fine and growing up really fast, I still have them in the same soil you sent them in which looks like 100% Perilite and they seem to be doing just fine.

Boy this site seems to have fallen asleep or something thanks for the wake up.

Greg

• woodnative
    11 years ago

They look great Stush!!
    BTW, Silver laurentii is one I seem to have problems with.....maybe it is my particular clone of it but it seems to just break even every year......growing a new pup, losing the original plant. It is a beautiful cultivar and not sure what I am doing wrong with it. Yours looks like it is doing great!

• bonsaigai
    11 years ago

Wow, Stush! I love the flower boxes. It really gives the plants a nice look.

Michael

Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the nice comments. I can't take credit for most of them. I really want to see pups forming and growing. I am afraid of losing them this winter unless they pup. This is the first year of using a fast draining mix.
    Greg, Change the soil. That perlite was for shipping only. To protect the roots and is light weight. Just add better soil around it.
    Chris, That Silver Laurentii grows like a weed for me. It is tall like the other trifasciatas. I don't see new pups on it for some time but constant new growth. Now that I transplanted it, it may take off again. It also was planted in a garden soil mix but now in cactus/perlite mix with some fur bark. Siam Silver almost didn't make it. Had to bring it in and tie up the leaves and put cinnamon around it to save it. Then I thought new leaves were coming in the center, It was a new pup sprouting thru. Hope it continues.

• Enterotoxigenic00
    11 years ago

I never knew there were so many! I love the moonshine.
    I saw one at Lowe's a few days ago, but talked myself
    out of it. I enjoyed all your pictures.

Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks again for all the nice comments. I received them in really good condition then they started to look bad, but when this hot wet weather came around, they took off.