Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lonewolf83

Dwarf Sansevieria ID pls

lonewolf83
13 years ago

Hi I bought some San's bout 2 years back and the person I bought them from sent me some other San's for free. They had no name and they looked rather plain when I first got them but then again they were still small. Now they have grown one faster then the other but I have no idea what kind it is. Can you help me ID my unknown San's?

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1253288}}

Comments (7)

• hadrian
    13 years ago

could be Sansevieria trifasciata 'Golden Hanii'

it would be more obvious when it gets bigger.

Bri.

• lonewolf83
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ive had "Golden Hahnii" before small and big but it looked nothing like this one. This one grows way slower and has white not yellow.

• lonewolf83
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I did some searching online and I found it on a chinese site. Or i think its chinese. Anyways there's is refered to as a Sansevieria trifasciata var. hahnii 'Streaker' the picture they provided is identical to mine.

• pirate_girl
    13 years ago

Sorry I have no ID info. for you, but wish to ask what is that mix pls. Looks like black sand from here?

• norma_2006
    13 years ago

My first impression was #1 is streaker as well. But Bri just may be right. Lets watch and see what that white streak does. Streaker has grey streaks. But it will depend on how much light you are giving it. Streaker grows rapidly and will have many offsets, and fill a pot very quickly. nORMA

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    10 years ago

Lonewolf,
    You left no way to get a hold of you. Need your email.
    I have just a few beat-up ones left, but should give new growth and then cut off the old stems if you want.
    Stush

• lonewolf83
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The San's I was given did end up turning into 'Streaker' I got several of these now. Thanks for the help. When I first got these they grew super slow. I had others growing in the same patch of garden like 'Golden Hahnii', 'Jade Marginated' and these ones the 'Streakers' took forever to grow for me. Now there growing good give off a couple of pups when I show them a bit of love with good waterings.

Since I originally posted here I have had and lost allot of San's. I'm currently trying to get my collection back together after losing several varieties. I'm more into the Hahnii and Futura ones but do like the bigger regular San's as well. Just on the look out for a 'Jade', a regular 'Hahnii' and 'Pearl Young'. One that I use to own but nobody seems to have either is 'Henny's Gold'

Been thinking of doing a terrarium for these in my room but I read that they prefer sand soil on one site with dry air and one site saying more of a peat soil and humid environment. Sorry for going on n on.