Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sansevieria as Room Air Conditioners

Posted by RainforestGuy none (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 12, 11 at 1:49

Did you know that sansevierias make excellent room fresheners besides just looking pretty?
Many common houseplants have been known to purify the air, but aside from this, they add a mental dimension that breaks the monotony of being living in an artificial environment. Having a live plant in an office often eases tensions and creates a mood for stress relief and feeling alive.
Most houseplants usually meet certain doom if ignored, not tendered to or perhaps over cared for. But the sansevieria can withstand most abuses the common black thumber can dish out.

NASA has done extensive research in finding plants that make artificial environment living more adaptable. The sansevieria is tops on the list.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sansevieria as Room Air Conditioners

Yes, we did know that.

But what about the submental dimension - has that been explored?

o

Jeff I think most of our members knew that except perhaps the beginners, this is common knowledge.

o

I love your enthusiasm rain forest guy!! I've been reading all your posts on here. I have three different sans varieties and I LOVE them. I got my first one from a students mom my second year of teaching. It was my first houseplant and I almost killed it LOL. But now it's living healthfully and happily in half of a water bottle in my bedroom. :) I've also heard these are good bedroom plants because they produce oxygen at night.

o

Pinkgnome,
Welcome to our world. Sorry to say but RainforestGuy doesn't post here anymore.
I did see the NASA study about removes radiation;
http://www.ecogreen4us.com/stories/health-stories/sansevieria-prevent-nuclear/
That is good if you have Radon Gas in your house. I wonder it the plant itself becomes radioactive?
Also as far as I know, green plants absorb oxygen at night and produces oxygen during daylight from carbon dioxide using the carbon as food.
Stush

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here