Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quetzalli_gw

curling & spreading leaves immediately after transplant

quetzalli
14 years ago

I hope there is a plant wiz out there who can help my three new friends. My question is about the sans. trifasciata I just brought home--well, three small plants (about 2-3 leaves each) with one root (mother plant had offspring). I separated them and planted them and the leaves immediately spread outward & got sort of wavy/curly. Are they ok? Any help would be very much appreciated:)

Here are some details: The dude at the store said that I should transplant them immediately because they were about to break the 4 inch plastic pot. Ok. So I soaked two clay pots overnight. I separated the plants by cutting the main root with a sharp knife, trying to give them about equal amounts of root. Then I put the biggest plant in a 5.5 inch clay pot, the medium in a 5 inch pot, and the smallest in the original plastic pot. The soil is a mix of old & new indoor potting soil (the new soil was quite moist so I mixed it with the old soil to an even blend). I watered with water that's been sitting for at least a few days & has plant food added. Did I put too much water? How do I know how much to pack the soil?

Comments (4)