Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sansevieria rooted in water

Posted by drakens 5a (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 27, 12 at 7:27

A while back I had a mass die off of sans in my house, only a few survived. Someone told me they're susceptible to disease and that may have been what happened. Anyway, some of the ones I saved I decided to experiment with and rooted them in water. Now I have sans with water roots in a glass, even one has a little pup growing, however they look like they're in the initial stages of rotting, but with lots of water roots. I drained the water to let them dry out a bit, but I'm not sure what to do with them. Can they be grown in water and I didn't do something right, or do I need to pot them up and let the air roots grow? If I need to pot them up, what's the best way to do so for their survival?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sansevieria rooted in water

Drakens,
First Welcome.
Now we need to know what kind you are talking about. Sans are very hardy and tuff. As long as you don't over water them and over feed them. They need low light little water just keep them out of drafts and cold. I think you must have Sansevieria trifasciata because they are the most common ones and very well disturbed all over the place. They are my favorite ones. We need pictures. They would help. Also I would plant them in a fast draining soil mix but if you got success. Why not see what develops. We have all the experts here and they will help you out.
Stush

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here