Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stush49

Pups are in the air!

What a great supprise to find pups. I posted already about my 'Streaker' showing off it's off color pups. They are still the same colors so far. I also found pups from my masoniana variegated, but I fear they lost their variegation. Also the new one I just recived from some one here that may want to remain anonymous. Also my Coninna Spoon and parva White-Variegated and cylindrical. Posting photos on all seems so hard now on photo bucket but working on it. Plus most of my trifasciata are puping. Now if I can get my Forescate to do so, then look out for the happy dance.

Comments (8)

• eaksqueak
    10 years ago

Nice! I love baby pictures. :)

• Enterotoxigenic00
    10 years ago

I love to see your pics Stush. you have such a green thumb. And you are more than kind with your help and sharing....I owe you!
    Oh, oh, I have to refigure out how to post but I have two that I thought were dead but actually survived and now have pups but I don't know the names. It took about a year for these to actually do anything. Maybe it helped that I tried not to kill them with kindness (which I have the tendency to do). These came from a box of sans that were dried out beaten up at the swap meet last summer. This is how I was able to collect a few for a great price but I did take a chance. They all survived and produced offsets but these that I'm talking about I thought were goners.

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Good news Enterotoxigenic, Now we need some pictures. That is always exciting when dead things come back to life and supprise us.

• Enterotoxigenic00
    10 years ago

Ok here goes nothing...literally.
    Computers are not my forte'.
    These are a few that I got in the box that I thought were dead and have now sprouted an offset!
    In the box were also 2 m. congo, 2 moonshine, cylindrical, a desertii, and concinna (I think?) The parent concinna died but after it gave six offsets.
    And these that I know not what they are named.
    Karen

• barbmock
    10 years ago

Hi Karen,

The one on the left looks like some form of kirkii, possibly a Coppertone, if it turns a copper color in the sun. I don't recognize the other two. Someone here will give you a better ID than I can.

Does the kirkii have a pup?

Barb

• Enterotoxigenic00
    10 years ago

Thanks for the ID. Yes Barb, there is one large offset but hard to see. The offset is up under the parent plant. And it seems that another may be coming up. It is an odd color, I also thought this plant was dead to start with because of the color. Like I said they were pretty beaten up when I bought them. These at first I threw away but dug them out of the trash the next morning. Glad I did!
    K

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    10 years ago

Very nice, Stush!

Josh

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Karen,
    Those other two are going to be very difficult to ID. Too many look alikes at this stage. Maybe in the spoon leaf family or a Masoniana. The list is endless. But I can say with 90% that it is not trifasciata. I agree with Barb that it is a 'Coppertone'.
    Josh,
    Thanks and I am going to get pictures of the rest and post in another post here. No time to get going. Know what I mean?
    Stush