Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID new plant?

Posted by eaksqueak 6a (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 22, 13 at 13:11

I went to the greenhouse over my lunch hour and they had a fresh shipment of snake plants in. I didn't have this kind so I bought 2... It's dark green with sort of randomly placed yellow stripes.

photo IMG_0822_zpsfcd01bfb.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID new plant?

Futura of some type. Many nurseries have put their own names on them. Notice the thin yellow edge. Also extra slipped stripes on some. Midnight Shine comes to mind. What do you think WN.
Stush

o

I LOVE it!! To me It looks like a 'midnight shine' that is sporting. I love the pup with the extra stripes!!!! GREAT looking plant!

o

Stop it!!!! Lol, you're making me jealous.
Great shopping, wish I was there.
Karen

o

I'm wondering if this could be the variety called 'Black Jack.' Possibly I can find out from the store where I bought it if they know the name. I'll update if so. Personally I've been referring to it as "racing stripe" snake plant.

Also, the stripes line up on both sides of the leaf, if that helps with ID. Looks pretty cool with the light shining through it. :)

o

Well that's some thing new. Mostly those slipped strips are on one side only, the inside.

o

Okay, maybe I lied, now that I look again. It's only on some of the leaves. I'm sure I'm demonstrating that I have way too much time on my hands, but here are photos of the front and back of some leaves (left to right).

photo racingstripe_zps43010d16.jpg

o

Wow, that is different then mine. The one I got has a thin yellow line on the inside only. Those look great.
Nice find.
Stush

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here