Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ghostly Snake Plant

Posted by elfinn 5 MI (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 20, 06 at 14:05

I had read that the more light Sans get, the more banding they will produce, and I had all three of mine in bright light. The other two are the more typical type and are banding nicely, but I wasn't impressed with the way this one was coming along, so I moved it back by my Chinese Evergreen.

I have no idea what variety this one is, it came unidentified, but the leaves are broader than my other two, and the new growth is coming in downright ethereal, almost white. Has anyone seen this before, and is it going to cause any harm to my plant?

Here are a couple of pics...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thanks!
Ellen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ghostly Snake Plant

You have sans trifasciata Moonglow. It is doing nicely, actually. I'd love to take it off your hands for postage!!

o

What is the difference between 'Moonshine' and 'Moonglow'? Thanks,
GH

o

I'm of the opinion that Sans Moonshine & Moonglow are the same thing & I often hear the names used interchangeably.

This lovely plant is often a pale, ghostly light green, almost white, certainly icy looking. The younger growth tends to be this pale & usually darkens up some w/ age. Often they retain a dark green edge.

This is nothing abnormal or a problem, it's just a different variety of Sans. whose characteristic it is to have this very pale growth (yes, sometimes on fairly broad leaves).

I'd keep it in the same light as the others, it doesn't seem to need any special protection from bright light (as far as I've learned). Yours looks happy & healthy.

o

I often see them in the restaurants. Very pretty!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here