Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sick Sans?

Posted by bkempress 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 16, 14 at 15:07

Hi im new here and very new to plants here i have my one and only sans and ive noticed that the "pup" has outgrown the other plant which is the older one is something wrong with the older plant?

thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sick Sans?

I recall reading somewhere on this forum that each subsequent pup will be larger than the last (meaning, if the current pup makes its own pup down the road, that one will be bigger than the previous two plants). I also read that if you ever were to break them apart (separate them), it sets them back; in that a new pup won't be larger than the previous plant.

So to answer your question, there is nothing wrong with the old plant. That just seems to be how they grow. They both look healthy to me.

Planto

o

Ohhhhh ok thank you I appreciate that

o

Totally agree with Planto.

o

thank you

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here