Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My S. tri. hahnii 'Streaker' w/pups

Posted by Stush2049 Pitts., Pa. 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 12, 13 at 15:46

I was really surprised this morning when planting a gift from FF. I looked over my other hahnii and noticed new growth from my 'Streaker'. Two are white/dark green edge and one is almost all white with a hint of yellow with green edge. And the one pup from last year is almost all green with a hint of white in the center.
Boy I really hope they stay that way and mutate into some thing rare and nice. And next year I can share them with my friends here. Keeping fingers crossed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My S. tri. hahnii 'Streaker' w/pups

• Posted by josmik Croatia 7b (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 12, 13 at 16:41

Stush, this is a wonderful scene.. congratulations! :)

o

Wow! What a nice surprise! It will be fun to watch those babies. They are gonna be great.

o

Fun surprise. I like finding something as cute unexpectedly.
You sound like a proud parent. I know I would be!
Karen

o

Hi Stush,

You inspired me to have a close look this morning. I found three brand new pups pushing up from the soil!

o

When I had Streaker it was my favorite Hahnii, because it was not only beautiful with its contrasting color displays, but it was like the proverbial 'box of chocolates' because I never knew what the pups would look like. I am attaching here something about its heritage and progeny prepared by Juan Chahinian.

o

Congratulations Stush, those are very pretty pups.

@bmock, it's time to post a new picture of of your new pups :) Congrats!

o

Mike,
The main mother plant which I removed and planted up in another pot had extra white in it. Later leaves were back to regular again. No new pups came from her yet. Those new pups were from the old root stock. I like the 'box of chocolates'.
Stush

o

They look great Stush!! This is one of my absolute favorite cultivars!

o

So neat! I love the little birds nest ones... haven't seen Streaker in a store around here yet. Something to watch for. I love the thrill of the hunt. :)

o

Streaker is very rare indeed. I have never seen it for sale and imagine the surprise I got when it was sent to me for free. Some very great people here. I only hope I can share the wealth with others as they did with me.

o

Stush I think you have been doing that all along!!eaksqueak let us know if you cant find this......

o

Thanks. I hope that by next year I'll have offsets to trade that people would actually want in exchange. Perhaps I should research heat mats.

o

email me your adress and i can probably find one to mail you for postage.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here