Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stush49

Sansevieria masoniana variegated showing pup

Thanks to Mike who gave this to me. It is now puping a year latter. It will split the pot but a new one is on the way.

Comments (20)

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Showing pup breaking thru soil. It looks different than the trifasciata I'm used to. Could be the alfalfa and potassiym I fed them thru the winter months.

• Michaela
    9 years ago

Nah. The purple bud color will give way to a beautiful new leaf in a short time.

• barbmock
    9 years ago

Hi guys,
    I just have to jump in here and show off my plant.

• barbmock
    9 years ago

This new leaf looks like it's almost completely white.

• Enterotoxigenic00
    9 years ago

I'm so excited for you!
    Such a sense of satisfaction.
    Karen

• woodnative
    9 years ago

They look GREAT!! One of my favorite Sans!!! The new growth on masoniana always shows that purple color. My plain green is getting HUGE......not sure where to keep it now, LOL!

• Michaela
    9 years ago

You guys are bunch o' show-offs! ))

• Michaela
    9 years ago

Keep those pictures coming. ))

Barb, your "almost all white" with thin green margins is so beautiful!

• barbmock
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone! It's always exciting when the new growth starts. This summer has been so cool and rainy, I thought the sans would never get going. Maybe they will catch up now. I think the pot is about to split open.

Original Author
    9 years ago

I'll take the white one off your hands Barb. Ha ha. right, just try and take it. That white is so beautiful.
    Mike,
    What's to show off. It came from you. I hope I do you proud.
    Chris,
    You gave me a very nice one also that I lost in my learning stages. So sorry to lose such a nice stock plant. The other one with the one white stripe, came back normal. No signs of variegation. It is in the background of the first photo.
    Stush

• woodnative
    9 years ago

I'll join the party. I love this plant.....thank you again to the person who sent it. Two new leaves this year in photo.

• Pat Z5or6 SEMich
    7 years ago

O M G !!

• Pat Z5or6 SEMich
    7 years ago

woodnative, can you post a recent picture? Soooooo beautiful.

• l_lex715
    5 years ago

Can someone please tell me where I can get a sansevieria masoniana white variegated? I’m really want one of this.

• barbmock
    5 years ago

Lex,

I looked on Ebay. There are several of the Masoniana variegated for sale.

• l_lex715
    5 years ago

@barbmock thank you! I check the eBay but they do not have white variegted masoniana.

@mlaforet05 thank you for letting me know. do your brother still have any white variegted masoniana in stock?

• mlaforet05
    5 years ago

I heard from my brother what happened to all the white variegated masoniana I sent, gratis, to the LA plant club. At this point, I am assuming the plants are "no more". IF any are left, I will tell Dale to salvage 6-7 of the the biggest and best and return them to me for Houzz members. I'm guessing they have not been watered and have curled up tight. I'm plenty peeved at this point.

Dale says,

"I gave those masoniana to our Society President to care for before the show & sale because I just didn't have room. She is a good horticulturist, but told me that she didn't think the plants were mature enough to offer for sale. I think that's not a good reason, but I haven't driven to her home to look at them. But thanks for reminding me. I will ask her directly if she ruined them and let you know."

• barbmock
    5 years ago

We will keep our fingers crossed that they are okay. This is really one of the best sans to grow in home conditions. And interesting since each new leaf is different.

Original Author
    5 years ago

Mike, was just going to email you. I guess you answered my question.

Sorry Lex. The one I have is just surviving and I don't want to cut it up. But I'm sure by fall we will have more.

Just saw this post. I been busy.

Sponsored
Macanson Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Cabinetry & Flooring Company in Ashburn – Since 2013!