Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sansevieria masoniana variegated showing pup

Posted by Stush2049 Pitts., Pa. 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 8, 14 at 16:06

Thanks to Mike who gave this to me. It is now puping a year latter. It will split the pot but a new one is on the way.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: showing pup

Showing pup breaking thru soil. It looks different than the trifasciata I'm used to. Could be the alfalfa and potassiym I fed them thru the winter months.

o
RE: Sansevieria masoniana variegated showing pup

Nah. The purple bud color will give way to a beautiful new leaf in a short time.

o

Hi guys,
I just have to jump in here and show off my plant.

o

This new leaf looks like it's almost completely white.

o

I'm so excited for you!
Such a sense of satisfaction.
Karen

o

They look GREAT!! One of my favorite Sans!!! The new growth on masoniana always shows that purple color. My plain green is getting HUGE......not sure where to keep it now, LOL!

o

You guys are bunch o' show-offs! ))

o

Keep those pictures coming. ))

Barb, your "almost all white" with thin green margins is so beautiful!

o

Thanks everyone! It's always exciting when the new growth starts. This summer has been so cool and rainy, I thought the sans would never get going. Maybe they will catch up now. I think the pot is about to split open.

o

I'll take the white one off your hands Barb. Ha ha. right, just try and take it. That white is so beautiful.
Mike,
What's to show off. It came from you. I hope I do you proud.
Chris,
You gave me a very nice one also that I lost in my learning stages. So sorry to lose such a nice stock plant. The other one with the one white stripe, came back normal. No signs of variegation. It is in the background of the first photo.
Stush

o

I'll join the party. I love this plant.....thank you again to the person who sent it. Two new leaves this year in photo.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here