Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pups look like Futura 'Asahi'

Posted by Stush2049 Pitts., Pa. 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 8, 14 at 16:24

Picture is of Sansevieria Trifasciata Bantel�s Sensation. But these two from the same plant has more yellow and showing the same pattern of Asahi. Time will tell and see if the new leaves carry the same. All my Bantel's are puping like mad. Makeing a lovely display.
Stush

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pups look like Futura 'Asahi'

Good eye, Stush. From what I can see, you MIGHT have an unusual Bantels pup that looks much like a trifasciata variety called 'Bogor'. I am attaching a page from Juan Chahinian's book on trifasciatas that should be of interest. Read the 3rd paragraph of the attachment closely... your plant is not 'Bogor', but Chahinian says it is similar to 'Bogor'. Your plant should produce pups that look more like Bantels Sensation. Thanks again for posting!

o
RE: Pups look like Futura 'Asahi'

Thanks for the input Mike.
I was hopeing it was a form of Sans. trifasciata 'Golden Street'. Like the one I lost from Chris. Looked very simular. The yellow didn't show thru the photo like I wished it did. Or how about a 'Yellow Bantel'.
Stush

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here