Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
birdsnestsoup

ISS Journal & Membership

birdsnestsoup
19 years ago

Greetings all,

All copies of the Sansevieria Journal #9 have been mailed out to members of the International Sansevieria Society. Airmail subscribers should be receiving their copies anyday; surface mail takes a little longer.

Included with this issue youÂll find a renewal form for 2004 which covers the next three issues. As the new treasurer, I would really appreciate if you could all please renew your membership promptly as then we can get on with printing issue #10 (which is already in hand as Alan Butler has previously indicated).

If any of you on this forum have yet to become a member or perhaps did not renew last year, I would strongly urge you to do so as we urgently need new members in order to strengthen the society & produce better Journals. Please follow the online link.

https://host.cactus-mall.com/cactus-mall/iss/issform.html

If all members could promote the society either at club meetings, through friends and at shows and if everybody could encourage at least one new member to join the society then we can really try to get this genus the recognition it deserves.

Thanks & good growing.

Al Laius (Treasurer & journal mailings)

Here is a link that might be useful: ISS Membership Form

Comments (6)

• mairzy_dotes
    19 years ago

Hi Al....I am a current member but still have not received my issue #9 with the form to renew in it. This does not surprise me, as I also had trouble receiving the last 2. I now have them however, & have also ordered some back issues, but they seem to be lost too. I do want to renew though so if you could find out if all the # 9 issues are out & if mine has been mailed I would appreciate it. Thanks.
    Marcy Durst

PS: (I would have sent you a private email on this, but I could not find your email address on your page or by clicking on your name.)

• Michaela
    19 years ago

Sansal,
    I also have not received journal# 9. I live in the USA, zipcode 37920. You say the journals were mailed Aug 6. Are they mailed from the USA or Europe?
    Mike

• jover
    19 years ago

I received mine last week and I am in Spain.
    Like allways a very nice journal.

I hope that the idea that every member try to find a new member works.
    If we can get enough members, we can enjoy the journal for many years.

• Solar_Storm
    19 years ago

You're not the only one Mike. I haven't recvd Vol 9 yet either, nor I have recvd Vols 2,4,5,6, or 7, which I ordered several weeks ago. I suspect I should have recvd Vol 7 with my initial subscription. Clearly something is amiss in the good olde motherland.

• birdsnestsoup
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hi Marcy, Mike & Solar Storm

Marcy & Mike, your journals were posted in early August as stated. They were mailed from the UK. I have just checked the database & see that both your subscriptions are for "surface mail" and not Airmail. Surface Mail can take between six to eight weeks. If you would like to receive your Journals faster then please select Airmail when renewing. I can assure you that your journals have been sent & are on their way.

Solar Storm, as I don't know your name I cannot check to see if you are surface or air mail. If surface then I guess it will be along soon. After all, Sansevierias being such slow groing plants, they do teach us to be patient.

Anyhow, I'm sure you'll all be receiving your Journals soon.

Anyone with an airmail subscription on this list received theirs yet??

Regards
    Al

• mairzy_dotes
    19 years ago

Thanks Al. I also got a letter from Sue saying mine is on the way so I will just be patient.
    Marcy