Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stush49

Current trip to the store!

Look what I found at Lowes on clearence. The pig I am, I bought all 4 of them. At only $3 each and from before bying them, I know there there is 6 plants in each pot. Now what am I going to do with so many? Great gifts!
Now, They were there for at least 4 months and in complete water. The pots had to be emptied of excess water before I could buy them. How do they endore such abuse. Must be something in there soil they are using. Looks peaty but it may be other products as well. I would really love to know this. Inside the store is air conditioned and in autofictial light.

Comments (17)

• Enterotoxigenic00
    10 years ago

Gawd!
    I am very happy for you and pretty jealous to tell the truth.
    We usually get dead spider plants at our lowes.
    Very nice looking plants.
    Karen

• nat_lia
    10 years ago

What a great find Stush :) they are beautiful! I'm jealous too..... been trying to find 'Moonshine' and golden hahnii but our big box stores only have common--dark green, thin, tall Sans. Thanks for sharing :)

Natalia

• laura1
    10 years ago

nice find. it amazes me the growing medium that they use to grow them. Do the pots have holes in the bottom?

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    Original Author
    10 years ago

laura,
    I removed them out of their white pots and still have them in the regular 4" plastic pots. And no the ceramic pots have no holes in them. I plan to separate them and plant the whole group into a window box.
    I would give as gifts to anyone here who wants one or a few.
    Stush

• nat_lia
    10 years ago

Stush, I would love to ask for the offer please :)
    Since this forum is not an exchange forum, I will email
    you privately. Thank you.

Natalia

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    10 years ago

Great score, Stush!
    Yes, these are tough plants in many regards....
    however, without you saving them, they would have rotted eventually. Well done.

Josh

• lorrr
    10 years ago

Very, very nice! You are very lucky to have found those at your local Lowe's! Everytime I go (often) there has yet to be a Bentel's Sensation! I wonder why some Lowe's get them and others do not! ( I live in southeastern MA). I am happy for you! My day will come. Enjoy!

• Michaela
    10 years ago

From one pig to another: Ida bought 'em too, Stush!

Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey guys, email me if you what some. I am having trouble finding boxes to fit them in. So I might be a little late shipping them. Unless I go priority mail. They give you boxes free.

• laura1
    10 years ago

I'm usually not that lucky to find good sale stuff at Lowe's. I did see someone else nab a nice hoya (one of the more unusual ones) a few weeks ago.
    Good trade material Stush!

Original Author
    10 years ago

Laura,
    Gifts not trades. I have been freely given more than I can wish for in trading so these are gifts.

• laura1
    10 years ago

Plant people are the nicest, most generous people! It is nice to play it forward.

• hijole
    10 years ago

Stush,
    That's a nice catch there buddy Wow! looks healthy too. I've been a little behind on my postings here but my garden is coming along just fine. Hoping everyone is doing fine with there plants too.

Josh my Bantel's are holding their own but nothing new to report still other than looking healthy.

Greg

Original Author
    10 years ago

Great to hear from you Hijole. Though maybe you got shot or something. (remember the last post) Hope all is well with you and yours. Hows the cactus garden coming.

• hijole
    10 years ago

Stush, Lol.. Hey what's up with that Stush, SHOT!!! OMG!!! Well so far I haven't been held up in the garden but there's always a 1ST Lol..

Garden is looking good lately and I'm completely out of space period!
    I asked my wife is she'd like to take a trip to the local farmers market and she replied, Where you gunna pu the stuff? I thought, Your'e right!

So I continue maintaining and cutting what I do have I'll try an throw up some new pictures soon.

Got to go someones following me Lol..

Greg

Original Author
    10 years ago

Greg,
    It was back when that cop was shooting people. Remember you posted it was a few doors down from you. Good to know your doing well.
    Stush

• hijole
    10 years ago

Yep! now I remember, Nah no shooting going on right now thank God besides photo shoots of my succulent garden which I intend to post soon, All is well here and hope all is going well for you and your family too.

It's another Hot! one today right about 100* with humidity which I don't mind seeing the plants seem to thrive in it.

Greg

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia