Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Arid Lands unboxing photos

Posted by eaksqueak 6a (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 19, 13 at 22:13

They're here! I placed my order on Thursday evening, they shipped it the next day, and it arrived today (Monday). Pretty cool. I had to laugh at all the sand in the box. Well, it did come from Arizona.

This is what I ordered. In each case I ordered the smallest size they had available:

Euphorbia obesa 3-inch pot (I could not resist its roundness)
Sansevieria concinna (Lav 5933) one-gallon pot
Sansevieria francisii (FKH 432) 4-inch pot
Sansevieria masoniana one-gallon pot
Sansevieria pearsonii 5-inch pot
Sansevieria pinguicula half-gallon pot

box photo IMG_0791_zps28c68ac6.jpg

photo IMG_0792_zps13dbf907.jpg

It looks like they sent me a potato with my S. masoniana. Yum.

photo IMG_0794_zps127c61e7.jpg

Sansevieria masoniana photo IMG_0803_zps6efa98b9.jpg

photo IMG_0797_zpscd54f6db.jpg

Sansevieria francisii (FKH 432) photo IMG_0802_zpsa0e184f0.jpg

This is where it started to get scary for me.

photo IMG_0804_zps97b6a966.jpg

The roots are all connected. It's like one of those knot puzzles except without a solution.

Sansevieria concinna (Lav 5933) photo IMG_0806_zps98e4b50b.jpg

Except to use a knife. So yeah, I think I have enough pots of this stuff now.

Sansevieria concinna (Lav 5933) photo IMG_0808_zps9d4f95f4.jpg

Plants photo IMG_0807_zps94c9287a.jpg

I'm tired.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Arid Lands unboxing photos

Congratulations! Nice additions to your collection. And I see a bloom and some pups too.

o

Thanks. I will have to enjoy that flower while it lasts. That plant won't be doing that again in this house. I believe there may be a slight difference in the environment inside a townhome in eastern PA and a greenhouse in Tucson Arizona... although the temperature might be about the same right now.

o

eaksqueak,
Very nice indeed. You got some collection. How nice after potted up. I would love to see how they grew one year from now. Please keep posting.
Stush

o

Great and awesome haul. I think I also noticed a few nicely printed labels - probably made by a Brother Label Maker. I have a PT 2700 and love it, even though it takes a few minutes to set up. The labels seem to last forever.

o

Congrats! very nice addition. Love that Sansevieria francisii. Thanks for sharing :)

Natalia

o

Better build an addition on your house for the masoniana LOL! Great looking plants you got.

o

Stush, a year is a long time. My house might reach its snake plant critical mass and explode by then.

Solar, yeah the labels they included are nice. And I'm glad they sent them because I would have had to look up all the plants again otherwise.

Bougainvillea, I like that one, too. I hope the pup grows for me.

Woodnative, why? Is masoniana like the Burmese Python of snake plants? Like it's all small and cute when you buy it, but next thing you know it's 14 feet long and eating the children? If so, I look forward to seeing this.

o

Nice plants. I would be interested to see some photos of how they are growing now.

o

Great additions!

Josh

o

Been dying to make a purchase from them for awhile now, the new Sans they have there are very cool, though very expensive! Still, thanks for the photos, you've got a nice collection there, hope to see some updates as they grow and perhaps some pics of your other Sans as well! Just curious, what soil mix did you use to pot the Sans, how often do you water, and what do you use to fertilize with and how regularly?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here