Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Will the real San. Mason Congo please stand up?

Posted by RainforestGuy none (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 12, 11 at 22:57

As mentioned previously, S. Mason Congo is a mono-phyllic species with a single leaf as an entire plant.
Photobucket
This plant can get even taller and fatter with more fertilizing and watering. These can get bigger if planted in the ground.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Will the real San. Mason Congo please stand up?

Yes, they get bigger if they're fed and positive fan-like in the ground.

o

Jeff you're right on. I have four different leaf forms, they are all 'Masoniana' at this time unless they changed the name again, one came from Hawaii. He brought it back for me. it has a creased leaf. One has green leaves, one is variegated and one came from Africa directly via the HBG. Jeff remember the problems we had over a Kalanchoe, because there were so many forms, and hybrids, big leaves, small leaves, bearded leaf, same problem. Same plant but diffent forms, may have been hybrids, or selections. They also grow differently from different locations, soils, water availability. shaded by a tree, differnt dna from the parents each seed grown may be different but we dont give them a different name. They are still S. masoniana. I am trying to explain this very carefully not for you Jeff but for the members who don't know any better yet and I don't want them getting incorrect information. If they are different the flowers will be different as well, your plant that I refused to give a name, could well be a S. masoniana it has the spots. I have one no spots on the variegated one, but the new leaf is green it may have spots I must look today if I remember. Sorry for such a long message, I am an expert but a student of the species, and I research before I write anything here. I also site my resource. Jeff are you allowed to receive a non-cites plant with no roots? Norma

o

I am NOT an expert, left out the right word sorry forum. Norma

o

All of my S. masoniana have three leaves to a growth, all are documented plants, I have a few more but they are not documented, so I will give these to my club for the raffle table. I will not destroy a plant, my extra plants I save for the Abby rescue group, they sell the plants and it goes for adoptions, and doctor bills/ for their meds so they can be adopted. I love doing this the plants then have a purpose. Norma

o

My stuckii haa single leaf per growth. They are cousins to the cylindrica group, but very stout, they will never lay down their leave, leaves are approximatly 5 ft tall at this time and only three to the very large pot I have them in. It roots down very rapidly starting with only nubs, it did not flower this year. Norma

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here