Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I will beat Stush!

Posted by woodnative 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 7, 12 at 9:05

OK Stush, this is regarding the wides Sans leaf! My submission. : ) If I don't win now, I will resubmit in a few years when this is REALLY BIG (still a baby now). LOL. I got this regular green S. masoniana as a small plant several years ago when I was just getting into Sans. It has grown a lot.....but has a lot more growing to do. About a year ago someone here hooked me up with some beautiful variegated S. masoniana which are doing well and have the bonus of beautifully variegated leaves. OK, for Stush's contest it probably is not fair to pit a S. masoniana against trifasciatas!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I will beat Stush!

Whew! I thought this was a threat (but who would want to literally beat Stush? Unthinkable!) LOL!

Nice leaf!

o

My widest leaf was 4 inches. I am so mad now that I cut it up and thru it out. I told it, if it's not a winner I don't want it around. Wait, did you say masoniana? Well I have to pot up all the pices and see what develops.
Woodnative, you know what this means, I got to get a masoniana. 1st. Greg beats me then you. I feel like a real looser. Some body help me.

o

I may just have to send you a piece of my masoniana then!! Hmm......If you root all those pieces you cut up you can win "most plants in one pot"! A new contest!

o

No more contest for me. Every time I build my hopes up, some one comes around and knocks me down. Staying down for now. (just kidding) Besides all those pieces would give me some nice 'Robusta'.
BTW some of my Gold Flames' are developing more yellow strips, some leaves all yellow inside while normal green/yellow outside. Some weird 1/2 yellow and 1/2 green right down the middle of the leaf. Have to retake pictures and show. I have been doing nothing special but I noticed more yellowing this year than any other year I have been growing Sans.
Stush

o

A body's just GOTTA love those 'Gold Flame' Futuras! Such a beautiful Sansevieria!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here