Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stush49

Show your most beauitful Sans you own.

Bar none it has got to be Sans. trifasciata Futura 'Asahi' aka Sansevieria trifasciata 'Morgenstern's Futura Aurea'. With masoniana variegated coming in close. All gifts. Thanks again. Looks like a over grown with more colors hahnii 'Gold Hahnii'. Looking at these guys, who could want more?
Show me yours.
Stush

Comments (36)

• barbmock
    9 years ago

Hi Stush,

Well I took some new photos, but I am getting an error message when I try to download them. Will try again later.

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Barb asked me to show her Sans off. I had to conbine the 3 photos into 1
    Looks great Barb. I wish my Ashai would soon pup and fill a pot like yours did.
    Stush

• Sugi_C (Las Vegas, NV)
    9 years ago

I have quite a few sans growing in my house right now. None of them are special varieties -- just plants I bought at various big-box nurseries in the Bay Area, but they're growing nicely and I love the vertical accents they give my house.

The Hahnii grew so much I split them into two pots -- one gets morning sun and the one in the kitchen gets western afternoon sun. I also took one leaf that was damaged and split them into small cuttings -- put them outside under an orange tree. I'm excited to see if they grow.

Then this one, I split up into two pots just recently too as they were bending the plastic pot they were in. Also threw in some cuttings but I'm tempted to put those outside, too. My garden is really weak on vertical, straight-up plants right now.

That's all I have. Strange is that back in 1999 when I first officially started to garden, I would look at these and wonder who buys those things? They're tall flat sticks that have no appeal whatsoever...and look at me now. LOL

But I love these and left alone, I'd probably fill my entire house with ficus elastica and sansevieria!

These make me wish I had much nicer, more creative pots. Up to this point, I've really been nonchalant about pots and other than plain black nursery pots, I could've cared less. But lately, with the houseplants, I wish I could buy a whole selection of new, fancy pots.

I'm starting to look into painting clay pots and see if I can bring back some of my previous art skills, 25 years since my last art class.

Original Author
    9 years ago

Sugi,
    Nothing so beatuful as a well grown plant and all of yours are so very well grown at that. I still enjoy the standard Sans that got me started in this hobby. We were all at that level when we started. I don't think mine was ever as nicely grown as yours. Thanks for posting and welcome to our forums.
    Stush

• Sugi_C (Las Vegas, NV)
    9 years ago

Thanks for the welcome, Stush. Had no clue this forum existed...I'd have thought "houseplants". :)

And thank you for the compliment. I try. Always learning and trying. But y'all are giving me sans-envy....and that leads to nowhere good.

Grace

• greybird_keke
    9 years ago

Here is one of my favorites, a S. fischeri.

• greybird_keke
    9 years ago

Another favorite, not sure of the name on this one....

• Sugi_C (Las Vegas, NV)
    9 years ago

Oh...that fischeri is gorgeous!

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    9 years ago

My fav leaves are these whitish new ones on S. trifasciata.

• Sugi_C (Las Vegas, NV)
    9 years ago

They're funky and cool, Tiffany! I just love these. :) I stuck some cuttings in the soil because of you. :)

Original Author
    9 years ago

Tiffany,
    My Moonshine is growing like those new shoots you got. I wish they could stay that way.

greybird_keke,
    I got a small potful of S. fischeri. They look nice while they are so small but they will grow to be mosters. I have some full grown ones as well.

Original Author
    9 years ago

Showing my larger growing S. fischeri.

Original Author
    9 years ago

Here's another one that is most beauitful when showing young leaves which also darkens with age. Still much lighter than regular S. t. Laurentii.

• barbmock
    9 years ago

Here is a Goldflame I picked up at a local nursery this summer. To my eye, it looks pretty much like Kristi, a newly introduced plant. It was labeled Goldflame. Whatever name, I like it.
    Barb

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

Wow!

Josh

Original Author
    9 years ago

Barb,
    More Kristi showing in the leaves than Flame. I agree. Don't know it this is what Roberto wants. Mine has about 4 to 5 rhizomes sprouting at the base. If true, I'll send him one. Also I'll bet you have two plants in the same pot. Many of the plants I purchased came that way.
    Stush

• Sans2014
    9 years ago

here is my contribution

• plantomaniac08
    9 years ago

Okay, this is kind of "cheap" on my part, as this is currently the only Sans I own. I kind of learned the hard way on how to best care for Sans. So far so good, it has beautiful roots and is currently growing two new leaves. That being said, this is my new one for this year and I'll see how well I do not killing it this Winter. *crossing fingers*

Planto

Sanseveria trifasciata 'Black Gold'

• woodnative
    9 years ago

Little Hahni 'silver frost' is quite beautiful imho

Original Author
    9 years ago

I love it when no two leaves look alike. but my old saying, you can't judge a sans by one leaf. Looks good Chris.
    Planto, I see a little slipped strips in there. A little more it may look like a 'Kristi',
    Sans2014, nice Jade marginated.

• plantomaniac08
    9 years ago

Stush,
    I did notice the extra stripes, but so far it only seems to be present on a couple of leaves. The new leaves look like 'Black Gold.' I guess time will tell if the extra stripes return and if so, if it continues to produce them. Thanks for that note!

Planto

• greendale
    9 years ago

Here are what I own.

Golden Hahnii. the left pot has two pups and one is almost all yellow.

Black Gold. a lot of pups this year. Anybody wants a pup for postage or trade? :)

'Bentel Sensation'

after seeing the pictures, I am on the look out for masoniana and goldflame now. :)

Original Author
    9 years ago

Greendale,
    Nice collection started. Gold hahnii is the hardest sans for me to grow but this past year I think I might be doing some thing right.
    There will be some trades offered come spring.
    Stush

9 years ago

Well, since I only have one Sansevieria, it'll have to do :-)
    'Bantel's Sensation' - I'm bringing it indoors at night, now.

Josh

Original Author
    9 years ago

Josh,
    How tall is your Bantel? Mine are growing great but not too tall maybe 16" tops which is just fine by me.
    Stush

9 years ago

Hey, Stush, if I remember rightly, the tallest of those leaves are only about 19 inches or so. I'll get a proper measurement for you.

Josh

• binlin
    9 years ago

I like the colour and texture of S. eilensis.

This post was edited by rennet on Sat, Oct 25, 14 at 16:54

• barbmock
    9 years ago

Hi Stush,

I have seen that picture, and it does look exactly like mine. I can't decide whether Kristi is just another form of Goldflame. It seems to have cleaner looking stripes than Goldflame, none of that solid yellow tipping. I found it at a local nursery, they must have had a dozen of them.

Original Author
    9 years ago

Wow, at what price? I would send Roberto one out.
    Stush

• barbmock
    9 years ago

They were $15. The label was Goldfllame. Good sized plant tho.

• plantomaniac08
    9 years ago

They look more like 'Kristi' than 'Gold Flame' IMO. What a nice find!

Planto

Original Author
    9 years ago

I think 'michaela ' was looking for one. Mike are you watching this.

Original Author
    9 years ago

They look more like 'Kristi' than the ones put up for patent.
    http://www.google.com/patents/US20130191951
    Bmock,
    I would buy one if it wasn't so much trouble to ship. Another $8. And Home Depot never reduces their stock. They send it back to the nursery. Maybe mine has some in. I'll have to check.
    Stush

• barbmock
    9 years ago

Stan, these came from Pike Nursery, an Atlanta company. If you decide you want one, I would be happy to pick it up for yoy.