Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Exchange forum

Posted by joshc Z8-TX (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 19, 03 at 12:11

We now have an exchange forum folks, let's make good use of it!
Thanks Spike!

Josh

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Exchange forum

Thanks also, Spike - though it won't be a lot of good to me unless there are Europeans on the forum - still, it's always fun to read what people are trading.

o

Thank you, Spike. Thanks also to Josh. Maybe by next summer I'll have some available.

Elaine

o

This is a great idea. Hopefully next Spring I can have some plants available - mine are winding down for the winter now.

o

I will watch the trading. No one is going to want the no name varieties I have. I acquired the four plants from my mother and sister. We only new them as Mother in law's tounge and bird nest. LOL!

o

• Posted by Jover Tenerife (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 1, 03 at 17:17

Why can't the people of the rest of the world not enter in the exchange page.
In all the forums there are allways americans who are doing the exchanges.
The discussion page is international so everyone can dicide on personal reasons with whom they can exchange or not.
I know every country has his rules but if I want to exchange f.e. with someone from brazil then that is impossible???
Even if I want to exchange in Europe it isn't possible.
Then I need to go to a general plant and seed exchange forum with just a few sansevieria lovers.

Or am I just the only one?

o

Shipping live plants is so difficult and expensive. It would be great if we could exchange to other countries though, then I could get plants that I'm looking for and can't find in the U.S.

o

But, Jover, there is nothing here to say we cannot arrange inter-European trades, or even further-out foreign ones where our own import regulations allow it. There is a European Garden Exchange, and I have traded as a result of posting on it; since hopefully some of us will be from Europe etc. on the Sansevieria Exchange Forum, we will be able to arrange our own trades. All we need is the plants to trade, or swap, as we say over here!

o

But I was wrong, we outside the U.S. can't post for exchanges inside Europe as I thought; we will have to contact one another privately, obviously. The Sans exchange is only for U.S. posters.

o
Exchange forum

What is going on? I just clicked on the Exchange link at the top of this page and was taken to Microsoft Bcentral, whatever that is! I am new to Sans and rapidly becoming enamored of them. I love the silky feeling of the leaves of some and their stiffness and markings. I have only three and have tried to ID them from a book by Hermione Stover, "The Sansevieria Book", which was in the local C&S Society library. I think they may be S. singularis, hahnii, and Crosby's marginata. Can anyone recommend a good book for IDing? The one I mentioned has only black and white photos, though it is very interestingly written.

o

• Posted by Cena S CA 10A (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 5, 03 at 4:11

Janice, I will have to take a look at Hermoine's book. There is another one, specifically on Sansevieria trifaciata varieties that is easily available at Amazon, I am sure. I don't have the exact spelling of the authors name, so won't go beyond that his first name is Juan. We need to ask Pam what sources she used to give her talk on Sans earlier in the year.

For a plant that has been a standby in nearly every house growing plants since the late 60's, there sure isn't a lot of info available!

o

I noticed the book by Juan... and ordered it from Rainbow Gardens Bookshop, but I really wish I could find a copy (to buy) of the one by Hermione. It is so delightfully written.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here