Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
To buy or not buy....

Posted by elichka 6b (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 25, 12 at 13:27

i'm about to buy S.'Gold Flames' but would like an advice from our GW's. Is this plant is picky because of variegation? Please rate it on scale 1-10

Thanks a lot
Inna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: To buy or not buy....

Hi Inna,

I have only been growing GoldFlame for a short time, so my opinion shouldn't count too much. But I will rate it anyway. ha! I just love this plant. It established quickly and is growing after being planted in early August. I'll give it a 10.

o

elichka,
I got one that I can send you. It's not real full of yellow but it shows some promise. And these are very easy to grow. They can take some cold and wettness unlike most heavy variegated ones. They grow smaller than regular futura.

o

Stush

thank you for the offer. I would love to get it. i will send you email

Inna

o

Barb

Thanks for recommending. even if you new to them

Inna

o

Inna,
I'd give it a 10 too. Stush sent me one (my new best friend... Stush I mean, not the Sans, although it is my favorite Sans now) a couple weeks ago and it's already exploded with new roots and is growing really fast compared to my other Sans. You will definitely love it. :)

Planto

o

I got one early on and one from Stush. The one from Stush actually seems to be a stronger plant. Don't know if they are one and the same but they certainly look identicle!! Nice colorful plant!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here