Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laura1_

Pictures of children

laura1
10 years ago

Midnight Fountain I got a few years ago. It blooms every year.

Comments (22)

• laura1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh, please feel free to make corrections on names!!!
    Sansevieria canaliculata 'dwarf'

• laura1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

close up of Sansevieria canaliculata 'dwarf'

• laura1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sans. dooneri also a good bloomer

• laura1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sansevieria suffruticosa

• laura1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sansevieria kirkii pulchra just divided and re-potted. It has never bloomed for me.

• laura1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sans. grandicuspis...see bloom next picture.

• laura1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

flowering

• laura1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sansevieria 'Twisted Sister'...mostly I like the name!

• laura1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sans. trifasciata "Mein Liebling" a fairly new one for me. It looks over potted but it needed a pot that larger to fit the roots in. I'm expecting more shoots...

• laura1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I think this is a hahnii but can't seem to find one that is dark like this. Any help with an ID is appreciated. It was pretty beat up when I got it. It is looking better now.

• laura1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sansevieria concinna 'small spoon'-this has been on the top shelf and not getting the water it should so it isn't in perfect health!
    ...and i think this ends the show!

• barbmock
    10 years ago

Oh Laura! Wow, thanks for your pictures! I see that you are in the Tampa area. You have such a wonderful climate for plants. I can see that you are having a good time growing your sans. Yes, our plants are like our children, I can relate to this. You have some great plants!

• barbmock
    10 years ago

I forgot to mention, the dark hahnii that you have might be 'Loops Pride'. Do a search and see what you think.

• woodnative
    10 years ago

Great plants!!!

• Enterotoxigenic00
    10 years ago

All beautiful! But I do like the name of twisted sister!
    Karen

• laura1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks mbock for the name tip. I looked up Loop's Pride and it is the closest I've seen so far. That will be the name I use...until a better one comes along ;-)

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    10 years ago

Here's a picture of my Loops Pride. It has thicker leaves than regular hahnii and it has a keel on the back side of the leaf. Some don't show a lighter margin like mine has.
    Stush

• laura1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Loop's Pride has a funny little leaf tip which mine has but it doesn't have that keel. For some reason I think it had a name on it "black jade" or "jade" but when I did a search I couldn't find anything under those names. Poo!

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    10 years ago

There is a S. t. hahnii 'Jade'. It does get dark. Some look lighter but depends on growing conditions. Yours looks to be 'stacking'. I have seen a regular hahnii stacking at over 3 feet tall. If that store still has it, I will get a picture of it when I go back there.
    Stush

• hijole
    10 years ago

What a beautiful family :) I thought one of your kids resembled a Sans. Clyindrica? In any case beautiful.

Greg

• Russ1023 (central Fla)
    7 years ago

Laura1, I'm wondering if you're still growing sansevierias and trading. I'm looking for Twisted Sister and Mein Leibling, or any other sans not on my list. I'll be glad to send you my list if you'll email me or feel free to respond here.

By now you may have already identified your all-green Hahnii type as Jade Dwarf. It will propagate true from leaf cuttings.

Thanks, Russ

bluesea14808@yahoo.com

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022