Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pictures of children

Posted by laura1 9aTpa,FL (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 9, 13 at 14:00

Midnight Fountain I got a few years ago. It blooms every year.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pictures of children

Oh, please feel free to make corrections on names!!!
Sansevieria canaliculata 'dwarf'

o

close up of Sansevieria canaliculata 'dwarf'

o

Sans. dooneri also a good bloomer

o

Sansevieria suffruticosa

o

Sansevieria kirkii pulchra just divided and re-potted. It has never bloomed for me.

o

Sans. grandicuspis...see bloom next picture.

o

flowering

o

Sansevieria 'Twisted Sister'...mostly I like the name!

o

Sans. trifasciata "Mein Liebling" a fairly new one for me. It looks over potted but it needed a pot that larger to fit the roots in. I'm expecting more shoots...

o

I think this is a hahnii but can't seem to find one that is dark like this. Any help with an ID is appreciated. It was pretty beat up when I got it. It is looking better now.

o

Sansevieria concinna 'small spoon'-this has been on the top shelf and not getting the water it should so it isn't in perfect health!
...and i think this ends the show!

o

Oh Laura! Wow, thanks for your pictures! I see that you are in the Tampa area. You have such a wonderful climate for plants. I can see that you are having a good time growing your sans. Yes, our plants are like our children, I can relate to this. You have some great plants!

o

I forgot to mention, the dark hahnii that you have might be 'Loops Pride'. Do a search and see what you think.

o

Great plants!!!

o

All beautiful! But I do like the name of twisted sister!
Karen

o

thanks mbock for the name tip. I looked up Loop's Pride and it is the closest I've seen so far. That will be the name I use...until a better one comes along ;-)

o

Here's a picture of my Loops Pride. It has thicker leaves than regular hahnii and it has a keel on the back side of the leaf. Some don't show a lighter margin like mine has.
Stush

o

Loop's Pride has a funny little leaf tip which mine has but it doesn't have that keel. For some reason I think it had a name on it "black jade" or "jade" but when I did a search I couldn't find anything under those names. Poo!

o

There is a S. t. hahnii 'Jade'. It does get dark. Some look lighter but depends on growing conditions. Yours looks to be 'stacking'. I have seen a regular hahnii stacking at over 3 feet tall. If that store still has it, I will get a picture of it when I go back there.
Stush

o

What a beautiful family :) I thought one of your kids resembled a Sans. Clyindrica? In any case beautiful.

Greg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here