Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So I planted a Sans. Rhizome & Look

Posted by pirate_girl Zone7 NYC (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 28, 11 at 17:37

Another wacky experiment of mine, here's what I got

Photobucket

This was a few months ago, it's larger now, but I haven't get uploaded the latest pix.

I invite you all to experiment & let the little child of wonder that still exists (at least in me) be amazed at what can develop.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So I planted a Sans. Rhizome & Look

Of course.

o

Hay Pirate Girl, It seems we share a lot in common. My wife quilts and crochets and needle stitch and shares a lot of my gardening stuff. I'm into Hostas, Jap. maples, some evergreens, Sempervivum, Sedums, lots of interesting house plants including Sans, Euphorbias, Echeverias, so on. Good luck with your experiment.

o

Hi Pirate girl- how deep did you plant
your rhizomes? I just planted a few
In cactus soil. I hope I did it correctly.
-thank you.

o

Pirate_girl hasn't been around lately. Hope she returns soon. Small rhizomes can rot easily so don't cover it up. Loose soil just covering it and hold down on the water. Spray may be better but only on the new growth.

o

Will try. Have bigger rhizomes than necessary. I find it very hard to keep them in pot filled with clay pellets only. Once the rhizome hits the bottom it keeps growing and pushes the plant out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here