Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moonglow

Posted by BrendainVA n.VA (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 5, 05 at 18:06

Bought a Moonglow sans today for $5 at the local grocery store. It is in a 4 inch pot, and pretty root-bound. I was thinking of waiting until next spring to transplant it. Any tips on care?

Brenda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moonglow

Definately wait until next spring to transplant it. For now, it will take bright, indirect light but gets it's best color in a least partially direct sun. Water when plant goes completely dry, which could be weekly or every other week depending on the sun, until the late fall and you will see your plant will start using way less water as it slows it's growth in winter. Then water monthly, maybe less, again when plant it completely dry. Fertilize monthly during active season, not at all in winter. I think that's about it! Very easy, just don't overwater. You may want to consider a clay pot for it(same size it it's in so you can just pop it out of the plastic and into the clay) and this will definately keep you from overwatering it. Good luck!

o

Super. It certainly is a lovely plant. Thanks for your input!

Brenda

o

• Posted by Wankel South Carolina (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 7, 05 at 6:26

And Brenda, bear in mind that Sansevierias seem to do best when they are a bit potbound...

o

Although the roots are pushing this 3-inch plastic pot out of shape (so I don't think I can squeeze the plant into a clay pot of the same size) I will wait until spring to repot, in a pot only a tiny bit bigger.

Brenda

o

• Posted by Wankel South Carolina (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 8, 05 at 15:30

Moonglow is one of my favorites. It is a nice looking plant.

o

I am keeping mine in the bathroom, which is painted exactly the same color as the leaves! The room has a skylight and a window, so it is bright.

Brenda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here