Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More Sans with a twist

Posted by Marguerite Ireland (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 20, 03 at 18:44

I had what I thought was a golden Hahnii; I just noticed that the two offsets it has produced are different, thinner in leaf with a definite twist, not as squat in the pot. I wonder if the twist is really some type of virus?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More Sans with a twist

• Posted by Cena S CA 10A (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 28, 03 at 14:22

Just a post to move it on down the road.

I don't know Maggie. I think they twist, on their own accord. Perhaps the pot got moved and it twisted to get light?

o

Thanks for the reply, Cena, you're always the soul of help! It lives in the same window all the time, being brought inside the curtains in winter only if frost threatens. I do turn it often - I looked at it today and it certainly is very healthy. I was really wondering if all twisted Sans could be as a result of a virus. Probably there isn't an answer to that one.

o

Sans have 'layers' in their leaves...different colors that produce the 'variegates' for example...a true 'twisted' leaf comes from the different layers growing at different rates...If the offset reproduces plants that are also 'twisted', you may have a 'new' variety!
Good luck!

o

krimsonkreek, I've sent it to an expert, so I'll have some idea if it's unusual quite soon, hopefully.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here